a good case for amd 3200 xp +

davidtere

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Hi,

I want to buy a new case, I don't have to much money.

The most fundamental that I would like is that the pc don't do it any noise.

Please, any help?

Thanks

NO noise is a very tall order and can get expensive. Low noise is a lot easier to achive and less expensive. If you list the rest of your components and tell us what your PC usage will be, then we can give some good suggestions.

davidtere

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
pcie geforce 7600gt 256mb club 3d cgnxg766

amd athlon 64 939 3200 + box

939 amd asus A8N5X

HD 300GB SATA ii 7200 Maxtor

Memory RECC DDR 400 1gb kingston value cl3 drow

fUN CPU AMD asus k8a1 k8 series

Thanks a lot,

Do you have a PSU? What is your budget for both?

If you are using the stock HSF form AMD, then the largest impact to your noise levels will be from your video card fan, PSU fans and then case fans. On my rig I went from a Sapphire X800GTO to an HiS X800GTO and the noise coming out of my rig went from a loud hum to near silent.

Having used the Antec Sonata II for a few months now, I love how quiet the case is. I'm still using the stock Antec Smartpower PSU and that is the next place that I could reduce some noise - but not a lot. I would recommend the Sonata II - especially if you can find a rebate deal.

My next build will be in a Coolermaster RC-531 and have a Fortron 450W. The PSU is good/reliable brand and notice the large exhaust holes and the 12cm fan for reducing noise levels.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
no noise?

check thermaltake
get the sonic tower, TT armor pull all fans out, get a passively cooled PSU Tt armor case supports fanless system

may want to look to thermaltakes website for info

davidtere

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Mi budget is low.

I don't have PSU.

Could you say me a case (with PSU) or a case and a PSU to my configuration whith low noise.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english.