Help Plz - No Display at all, everything powered, connected

Dav678

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
I don`t know if this problem is the video card but I`ve built a new system with everything new no upgrades, and everything was working fine and no problems but now I have a problem that when i start up the computer there is no picture or display on the screen, no error messages, nothing, the screen just stays blank, and all the fans are running and everything inside the computer is powered on. The monitor is also powrered on and has been tested on other computers, it works 100% If anyone could help me with this I will GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks.

and heres a list of everything i have:

- Intel D945PSN motherboard
- Intel P4 630 3.0 GHz
- 1.5GB of RAM (1GB Corsair DDRII 667, 512MB Corsair DDRII 667)
- Seagate Barracuda 80GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
- Rosewill 550W Power Supply
- ZALMAN CNPS9500 Cooling Fan with Heatsink
- connect3D 3038 Radeon X800GTO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Does it beep when it statrs up?
Can you hear youe optical drives revving up?
Make sure that your graohic card is connected properly.
If it doesnt beep after 5sec. from starting up, you have a bios problem, which is not good.
Try resetting your cmos, power doen the pc, take the battery out of the mobo for like 20sec, put it back in then sart it up again, but I doubt its that problem, but it never hurts to try>>>
Keep us posted :twisted:

Dav678

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Even before when it worked it never beeped when it started up and i dont have speakers connected yet.. yes i can hear the drives and everything starting up and running.. yes everything is connected properly and ive reset the cmos like 20 times.. and ive disconnected and reconected everything a couple of times too to make sure everything is connected right... yes the monitor is plugged in to the right port in the back (the vga)

Whitman

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Sounds to me like the fault lies between the computer and the monitor, i.e. the cable connecting the two. Did you test it with a different monitor cable? You wrote you tested the monitor on another computer and it worked - did you bring your own cable to that other computer?

Dav678

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
The PSU is good. I know thats not the problem and Whitman what do you mean the cable that connects the computer and the monitor.. there is only one, the cable that is attached to the monitor and that is connected to the vga slot on the video card in the computer.. By the way, I'm using the monitor right now so I know it works.

Covered_in_bees

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
Have you tried booting with just the minimal set of components to see if you can get video output ?

Minimal = cpu, 1 stick memory, 1xhdd, gfx card

On the occasions I have had this problem (no video during POST), it has been a memory problem.

mizlplix

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Am I missing something here? I understood P type CPU's only used single or matched pair RAM. If so, remove either mem and try again to boot.

(AMD will accept oddly paired RAM)

Maybe-maybe not....I'm just grasping at straws here. DB

Dav678

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Yea Ive tried booting with the minimal set of components and nothing either.. ive also tried booting with just 1 stick of ram, each one alone, and both together and still no display.. :(

Dav678

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Unbelievable... the problem was the PSU. i installed the old 400w psu that i was using previously before upgrading to the 550w, and everything worked perfectly. so i dont know how is it that the new psu isnt working but it powers everything on, even the video card, but i changed it and it worked so i guess that was the problem.