Win XP SP2 affecting LINUX?

September 8, 2004 5:39:05 AM

Did SP2 affecting Linux server as SP2 computers connecting to it? Because our
server having problems after I installed one of notebook connected to the
server with SP2.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 5:45:07 AM

Hi,

Can u explain what problems are u facing with SP2.
You have not mentioned anything about the problems faced.
Do write them in detail and we will be able to give a solution.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com

"Adi" wrote:

> Did SP2 affecting Linux server as SP2 computers connecting to it? Because our
> server having problems after I installed one of notebook connected to the
> server with SP2.
September 8, 2004 6:45:06 AM

My office have one Linux server used for file server connected to network &
most client uses Win XP Pro OS. One day I haved installed Win XP SP2 into one
of notebook connected to this server. Nothing goes wrong after I installed
the SP2 until the user open up a MS Excel file located in Linux docserver.

When the user save the MS Excel file, the system create a duplicate file by
adding "a" at the begining of file eg. file name test.xls will be created new
file atest.xls. When we open the file is nothing there.

Starting from that, our server (Linux+Samba) faced a problem with
permission. Other users cannot open some files or cannot connect to
docserver. So we reboot the server & starting from that we connot startup the
samba even cannot go to desktop view.

The can boot but will keep trying to login into dekstop/samba screen. We
need to press the Esc key until the error comes out but unfortunately, system
not displaying the error only show Yes or No option.

My question is.... is this problem occured due to SP2 or what? Previously
nothing happend.

!