Quilly, bOB, Dallas, Lawn Dart, Katy anybody......!!

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Quilly, bOB, Dallas, Lawn Dart, Katy anybody......!!
I have been simming for 18 months and following this group for 6 months now
and been posting for the last few.
Made plenty of useful comments to try and help others and sought advice
myself as this
is the place to be. But when it comes to needing real help I'm surprised
that no one has
come to my rescue (See original post below). Can any of you guys imagine
being without
your favorite 'toy' for any length of time. My warranty with the store has
expired so no quick
exchange of a faulty cd. I'm at a loss at not being able to reinstall for
the last 24 hours and all I need in the interim
is 3 little files to get me back on the road or rather in the skies. I'm
that desperate I may even go and purchase another copy.

Sorry this sounds like I should be visiting a shrink rather than my local
GAME store!!

Regards

Chris

...........Original post.........
Just been having problems with FS2004. Always looking for ways to improve
on graphics and frame rates as I have a middle of the road system.
Installed
FS Skyworld last night (I think it was this - freeware version anyway). Had
negative impact on frame rates so decided not to use it. Had made a backup
of main texture folder and also scenery/world/texture folder as I have
custom textures that I have downloaded and installed over time.

Because clouds and sky were updated by FS World I replaced the folder back
to my backup version. I
then later on, probably stupid at this stage, uninstalled the FS Skyworld
which probably unistalled some of my textures.

Anyway ran FS2004 today and performance was absolutely terrible so I
resigned myself to doing a fresh install. Made a backup of aircraft, gauges
and add-on scenery folders so that I could reinstall them easier after.

Uninstalled FS2004 and did a clean install. All going well until got to
installing Scenery\World.CAB on disk 4 and the disk must have a small
scratch on it. Ignored error and allowed to continue as I was hoping to
manually drag and drop
the BGL files out of the CAB file on disk 4 into the World\scenery folder in
FS9. Got them all apart from 3 files
and no amount is cleaning disk, trying various zip programs seems to work.

The files are as follows:

dw000n45.bgl
dw000n90.bgl
dw060n45.bgl

They total approx 8mb. Dont know whether program will work without them at
certain places.

I was wondering if anyone could email a copy of these 3 files. They are in
disk 4\scenery\world.cab.

Unfortunately this email address is an old dialup with a small mail box size
so if anyone can do it it would be GREATLY appreciated. I dont want to
have to wait a month or longer on a replacement cd from Microsoft to resume
my unhealthy past-time. An alternative address would be at my office which
is chris@mwapartnership.co.uk which has ADSL.

Thankyou in anticipation!!

Chris

Hi Chris,
I would have helped trulky, but your post was sooo long I could not
understand it. If you had said
'Send me these three files,' I woulod have winged them away at once - sorry.
Now it looks as if Crash has done so I hope it all works!

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine it is so concise.
http://www.livtech.co.uk

> Hi Chris,
> I would have helped trulky, but your post was sooo long I could not
> understand it. If you had said
> 'Send me these three files,' I woulod have winged them away at once -
> sorry.
> Now it looks as if Crash has done so I hope it all works!
>

> Cheers
> Quilljar
>

> Try 'Living With Technology' magazine it is so concise.
> http://www.livtech.co.uk

I'm guessing he was trying to prove his credentials, not just trying to blag
a copy of disk 4, which as we all know is a key disk.. unless you have
discovered the no cd crack.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thankyou so much.

Will check office email in the morning then get disk sorted.

Thanks again and sorry for sounding like a moaning minny

Chris

"Chris" <cj.ibbotson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> FS9. Got them all apart from 3 files
> and no amount is cleaning disk, trying various zip programs seems to work.
>
> The files are as follows:
>
> dw000n45.bgl
> dw000n90.bgl
> dw060n45.bgl
>
> They total approx 8mb. Dont know whether program will work without them
> at
> certain places.
>
> I was wondering if anyone could email a copy of these 3 files. They are in
> disk 4\scenery\world.cab.
>
> Unfortunately this email address is an old dialup with a small mail box
> size
> so if anyone can do it it would be GREATLY appreciated. I dont want to
> have to wait a month or longer on a replacement cd from Microsoft to
> resume
> my unhealthy past-time. An alternative address would be at my office

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Chris wrote:

>>I was wondering if anyone could email a copy of these 3 files. They are in
>>disk 4\scenery\world.cab.
>>
>>Unfortunately this email address is an old dialup with a small mail box
>>size
>>so if anyone can do it it would be GREATLY appreciated. I dont want to
>>have to wait a month or longer on a replacement cd from Microsoft to
>>resume
>>my unhealthy past-time. An alternative address would be at my office
>>which
>>is chris@mwapartnership.co.uk which has ADSL.
>>
>>Thankyou in anticipation!!
>>
>>Chris

Chris,

Do you have a YAHOO email address, or even an Excite email? They all
allow and will save, up to a 10 Meg file. I saw CRaSH had sent the
files to your office but you can get them now with one of the above
email web clients.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Cheers to all.

Files touched down safely into office.

Major panic not being able to fly. Only program I have which I couldn't do
without.

Chris

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> Chris wrote:
>
>>>I was wondering if anyone could email a copy of these 3 files. They are
>>>in
>>>disk 4\scenery\world.cab.
>>>
>>>Unfortunately this email address is an old dialup with a small mail box
>>>size
>>>so if anyone can do it it would be GREATLY appreciated. I dont want to
>>>have to wait a month or longer on a replacement cd from Microsoft to
>>>resume
>>>my unhealthy past-time. An alternative address would be at my office
>>>which
>>>is chris@mwapartnership.co.uk which has ADSL.
>>>
>>>Thankyou in anticipation!!
>>>
>>>Chris
>>>

> Chris,
>
> Do you have a YAHOO email address, or even an Excite email? They all
> allow and will save, up to a 10 Meg file. I saw CRaSH had sent the files
> to your office but you can get them now with one of the above email web
> clients.
>

> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

dallas

"Chris"
> Files touched down safely into office.

Hey, I'm curious. Did you find a scratch on the CD? I'd like to know why a
CD just stops reading data.

Dallas

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

There was a small curved one about 3mm long. During the install at about
93% when trying to install world.cab it kept coming up with an error message
and option to retry, abort or ignore. I was able to just ignore then
manually add scenery and texture folder to main scenery/world folder and
drag all working files out of cab then add the three problematic ones that
were emailed to me. Seems to work ok now.

Thanks again to all who helped me out.

Chris