I'm ready to give up on my z51 and buy something new.
When I clean and align my cartridges and run a test page, it may or may
not print.
When I print a letter with color, there will be no color and the rest
of the page will print in black and will not print color and the black
will be streaked.
Color images are faded even when set to "Color" and "Best Quality"
I just printed out the Google "more" page:
http://www.google.com/options/index.html
everything came out in color, although faded, but NO BLACK this time!!
I give up...any solutions??
Rick
RHSACHS@OPTONLINE.net <<< Please respond via email >>>>

On 19 Jan 2005 14:02:48 -0800, rhsachs@optonline.net wrote:

>I'm ready to give up on my z51 and buy something new.
>When I clean and align my cartridges and run a test page, it may or may
>not print.
>When I print a letter with color, there will be no color and the rest
>of the page will print in black and will not print color and the black
>will be streaked.
>Color images are faded even when set to "Color" and "Best Quality"
>I just printed out the Google "more" page:
>http://www.google.com/options/index.html
>everything came out in color, although faded, but NO BLACK this time!!
>I give up...any solutions??

Next time you're tempted to buy a Lexmark, check yourself into a Psych
ward first...

Any of the three proper printer manufacturers (inkjets anyway) will do
a better job - even their cheapest models. All have their problems
(HP only lasts as long as the operating system because they never
write new drivers; Epson heads can clog; Canon heads can burn out) but
they are all so much better than anything Lexmark produce.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com