Maximize not working 2

I'm using XP pro. When I maximize a child window e.g. a
window inside Excel, it fills the parent window, but the
title bar is still visible and it can still be resized.
The title bar is supposed to disappear, and the title of
the window should appear in the title bar of the parent
window. Also, a maximized window should not be
resizable. Is there a way to fix this? I have this
problem in all applications that use Child windows.
6 answers Last reply
More about maximize working

    Hi

    Drag the window to the size you want it - don't use maximize - then close
    that window using File>Close/Exit.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Johannes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm using XP pro. When I maximize a child window e.g. a
    > window inside Excel, it fills the parent window, but the
    > title bar is still visible and it can still be resized.
    > The title bar is supposed to disappear, and the title of
    > the window should appear in the title bar of the parent
    > window. Also, a maximized window should not be
    > resizable. Is there a way to fix this? I have this
    > problem in all applications that use Child windows.

    Thanx, but I need a solution. I need to maximize windows
    because I need the space taken up by the titlebar of the
    child window. There are other good reasons as well (too
    complicated to explain here).

    Hi

    That is a solution - using 'maximize' won't work.

    --

    > Thanx, but I need a solution. I need to maximize windows
    > because I need the space taken up by the titlebar of the
    > child window. There are other good reasons as well (too
    > complicated to explain here).

    Hi Will,
    do you honestly think that I have not thought of
    your "solution"? And if that was working for me, do you
    honestly think I would go to all the trouble of posting a
    question? For various reasons, of which I mentioned one
    (I need the extra space), I need a child window to
    maximize like it is working on 99.99% of all PCs. To drag
    it, does not maximize it. Hence it is NOT a solution. It
    does not even give me the extra space I need. It also
    does not solve the other problems I have with a window
    that can not maximize. These I am not even going to
    mention, because I really don't want to waste anyone's
    time with that. You will simply have to trust me that
    these problems actually do exist. I am trying to find a
    solution, not a workaround. Simply put, I want to
    Maximize a child window. This is not working. Do you
    know how to fix this? If not, don't please don't post any