TxF

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Hello,

I'm in Canada - if that makes any difference nowadays - and I am looking into buying the MSI K8N SLI S939 motherboard and am wondering what the better Brand of RAM is to go with that board. Reason why I'm asking is cuz I built a couple computers a few months back for family members and built them on ASUS mobos and found that I had to install RAM as opposed to any kind of OEM RAM since I would either get boot problems or BSOD when installing WinXP.

Also please note: the most common brands that I can get where I'm at are Kingston, AZEN and Corsair.

Thanks in andvance.

-Cher :)

haha - a female that knows too much about computers for her own good. :wink:

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Reason why I'm asking is cuz I built a couple computers a few months back for family members and built them on ASUS mobos and found that I had to install RAM as opposed to any kind of OEM RAM since I would either get boot problems or BSOD when installing WinXP.

Do you mean generic ram? I hate generic ram, most of them are crap and a waste of money.

Also please note: the most common brands that I can get where I'm at are Kingston, AZEN and Corsair.

With the ability to buy online now you have access to any ram you want. I would personally suggest Corsair, OCZ or Mushkin and to buy it as a kit.

If you don't know any good stores in your area you can check online at www.ncix.com (vancouver) or www.canadacomputers.com (ontario).

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Of the 3 brands of RAM that you mentioned, I'd probably trust Corsair the most. Go to their online configurator and find the RAM for your board, then search for it either at an online store and a local retailer.