AMD PLANS REV F CHIPS IN THIS QUARTER

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
BOSTON--Advanced Micro Devices will start moving to its "Rev F" series of processors this quarter, beginning with desktop chips, said Margaret Lewis, the chipmaker's director of commercial solutions. In the third quarter, the Rev F move will extend to the company's Opteron line of server chips, she said in an interview at the LinuxWorld Conference and Expo here.

Would this means that upcoming AM2 chips would be Rev-F chips?? 8O
To early to say that, but this proves that AMD definately has something under their sleves. :wink:

http://news.com.com/2061-10791_3-6057821.html

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
face-profile.jpg

ltcommander_data

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
Would this means that upcoming AM2 chips would be Rev-F chips??
To early to say that, but this proves that AMD definately has something under their sleves.
Em. I hate to burst your bubble, but I would think you of all people would know that AM2 is Rev F. So if you're thinking Rev F will provide a secret weapon, it's just the same AM2 that is launching June 6th that we've always been hearing about.

http://dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=850

Just look at the picture chart. "Socket AM2 Processor Update (Rev F)"

In case you were wondering, the next revision Rev G will be a 65nm part. AMD has been characteristically vague on 65nm even with their recent media event so there's no hard estimate on the time frame yet. It's supposed to be some time this year in theory.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
To early to say that, but this proves that AMD definately has something under their sleves.
Em. I hate to burst your bubble, but I would think you of all people would know that AM2 is Rev F. So if you're thinking Rev F will provide a secret weapon, it's just the same AM2 that is launching June 6th that we've always been hearing about.

In case you were wondering, the next revision Rev G will be a 65nm part. AMD has been characteristically vague on 65nm even with their recent media event so there's no hard estimate on the time frame yet. It's supposed to be some time this year in theory.

I couldn't help but laugh at this one for two reasons.

One, your absolutely right about the Rev F thing
Two, I wouldn't be so brazen as to keep posting something and, have you come along and rain on my parade every time. :lol: :wink:

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

I couldn't help but laugh at this one for two reasons.

One, your absolutely right about the Rev F thing
Two, I wouldn't be so brazen as to keep posting something and, have you come along and rain on my parade every time. :lol: :wink:

Yeah I'd hate to say the TDP is 66w of a CPU and him lambast me because it's really 65w, gotta make sure to keep in check on that stuff.

Nobody knows (including you LT :roll: ) what all Rev F will bring, so stop trying to flaunt off that you're the holy grail of information.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Em. I hate to burst your bubble, but I would think you of all people would know that AM2 is Rev F

Glad to know that AM2 will be based on Rev-F since I thought Opterons were the only ones featuring this revision. :wink:

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Em. I hate to burst your bubble, but I would think you of all people would know that AM2 is Rev F

Glad to know that AM2 will be based on Rev-F since I thought Opterons were the only ones featuring this revision. :wink:

Watch it man, LT will quote a website, be careful.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

Rustol3um

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
WOW so hostile towards his mom......you pissed at her also?........or are you just mad at her for giving birth to Mr. Action_man ? Although I do hate to say if you look like Steve Austin I'd have to slap the cr@p out of ya as well....... :wink: