crazy deal from Dell

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 6, 2006 12:43:54 AM

Tonight... I ordered this system:

It has:

Pentium D 820 (2x2.8)
1gb RAM @ 533mhz? I think
Geforce 7300LE videocard (not for gaming, that's not what i want it for)
20-inch Widescreen Ultrasharp Digital Monitor
Dell 100 watt 5.1 surround speakers.
Creative XtremeMusic PCI card.

I'm getting this computer mainly for its movie, music, picture, and application capibilities, not for gaming.
What did this computer cost me, altogether, with shipping?

$1150

Tonight is the last night for the sale, too, so I'd hurry up if I were you.

More about : crazy deal dell

April 6, 2006 3:32:20 AM

Your kidding, right??
April 6, 2006 4:04:34 AM

Quote:

It has:

Pentium D 820 (2x2.8)

I'm getting this computer mainly for its movie, music, picture, and application capibilities, not for gaming.

$1150

Interesting...

I get a CPU that, at best, has shoddy support w/ nF4, 1GB of 5-5-5-15 DDR2, a GPU that is less powerful than a Celeron, a 20" Monitor that makes eating crystals sound good, a PCI Sound card to waste my PCI Bandwidth, and a 5.1 Dell Speaker System that makes listening to Intel's FUD's worthwhile, and all of this for only $400 more than what it'd cost to build it.

Yeah man, I'm on top of that, I just hope I aint limited to only 10 of those beasts.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
Related resources
April 6, 2006 5:27:48 AM

AMD retard!
April 6, 2006 11:41:30 AM

I don't think any of you realize that I don't care about any of that shit, nor am I an 'AMD retard'.

I realize AMD is in general better, and I could've gotten a gaming pc for much more money.

This system is going to do everything I want it to.

I'll buy a gaming console for games.

Thank you.
April 6, 2006 12:17:43 PM

Quote:

It has:

Pentium D 820 (2x2.8)

$1150

Well, let's see ..

Monitor $432 (current)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?s...

Pentium D 820 $217
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

The cheapest 533 RAM, $71. I bet you any amount of money they will install DDR2-400 just to save money. I can't tell you how many Dell machines I've seen with the lower speed memory installed.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

Creative XtremeMusic PCI card $112

Dell 100 Watt 5.1 Speakers, Currently $48

Dell 7300LE, add $40
Quote:
256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache [add $40 or $1/month3]

With that, the total of these parts comes to $920. Now, that gives Dell 2 thousand extra dollars to skim off the price of the case, motherboard, drives etc. and we all know, you can buy a new motherboard, case, drives, keyboard, mouse and anything to complete this system for well under a thousand bucks.

I also want to mention that Dell is certainly not going to pay $217 for a Pentium D 820, they will certainly pay less for it along with the other parts mentioned so in conclusion of this and IMO, you didn't save anything and by building it yourself even if you buy the operating system, you probably would have saved 200 dollars or more.
April 6, 2006 12:47:35 PM

Looking more closely at the hardware, and disabling my usual anti-Dell bias to form a non-biased opinion, I must say that is a fairly decent deal.

8) The Dell UltraSharp series of TFTs is quite good, unlike theirs, and others, lower end TFTs.

8O The sound card is excellent and is not going to flood the PCI bus on the included mainboard.

:)  The Pentium D processor is decent, and has excellent performance for price, especially in the longer term.

:arrow: Video card... Who cares ?, My best video card come this Friday arvo will be a Radeon Xpress 200M (single channel, shared with system memory) on a laptop. :p  Where I used to get 80 fps on my Radeon X800 XL, I'll now get 8 fps on my laptop, (or more at lower detail), and likely 2 fps (assuming the game engine even loads) on my 'remaining' Rage XL on the Opteron 270. 8O

8O In all honesty dual-channel DDR2-400 vs dual-channel DDR2-667, there is not that much difference between the two, considering what you're using the system for.

:p  People here often forget there are more uses to PCs than 'playing games', and many people are moving to consoles because frankly 1 console every 3 years sure beats 1 x $1,000 video card every 18 months.

They raise valid(ish) enough points, but if it does (more than) what you want, you are happy with the price, performance, quality, warranty, support, and upradability, etc then as a consumer you have won.

Over 70% of the video chipsets in the world are Intel Integrated Graphics of some sort, and that is enough for most people.

You can always install a GeForce 6800 GS or Radeon X800 XL, or other 'affordable, yet decent performance' video card later on anyway, should you desire to do so, right ?

I think people with under 100 posts should be presented a more welcome approach, less we have no forum society to build upon. 8)
April 6, 2006 12:55:49 PM

Well, just to be fair, his original $1150 included shipping, which your tally didn't. Also, to compare apples to apples, your tally should include:

8 hours building @ $30/hour: $240

4 hours on forums asking questions like, "Why doesn't this work?" and, "Okay, I tried that, NOW why doesn't it work?" @ $30/hour: $120

I'm no Dell fan, and it's still cheaper to build yourself, but for some people it isn't worth the hassle for the sake of <$500 difference.
April 6, 2006 1:00:51 PM

Make that a 200$ save (just a typo, I guess).

But, yes, frankly, you've been had. Even building a POS wit hand-picked components can result in a fast and silent enough system less expensive than Dell's /*insert not nice word here*/.
April 6, 2006 1:05:32 PM

Nice deal for a consumer rig.
April 6, 2006 1:09:32 PM

What, exactly, is wrong with the system ?

Talking stuff that is going to make over a +5% difference in final real-world performance too.

I dislike Dell as much as the next guy, but even I am happy to admit when they do something right.

Their higher end, and even mid-range, systems are not 'that bad', even for gamers on a budget, but their problem is gamers on a budget like to build their own, and Dell will never offer them that experience... as it can be a very bad experience, even one resulting in personal injury which = bad media coverage for a large company. :?

Same with Alienware, The real gamers / prosumers build their own, that is the way it has always been, and will always be.

If you ran Dell, what would you change ?, and why ?
April 6, 2006 1:13:53 PM

As a few people have already said, this isn't a bad deal for a prebuilt non-gaming PC. (And by the way, when I say "non-gaming," I mean as a primary use; the rig should certainly run current games just fine.) Good for you.

Yes, it would have been cheaper and probably better to build yourself with components painstakingly researched and hand-selected, but if you were interested in building it yourself, you'd have done the research and already known that.

Good luck and enjoy it.
April 6, 2006 1:15:38 PM

That ~$200 (heh pretty bad typo) difference includes motherboard, case, hard drive, Windows XP, and shipping. Even though he didn't list it, it probably also includes an optical drive, keyboard, mouse, and possibly some kind of warranty.

All in all, definitely a good deal.
April 6, 2006 1:28:18 PM

Quote:

8 Hours (!!!) to build a system?

And I doubt very much DELL pay their employees $30 :wink:

or were you saying that's how much it would cost to buy the parts yourself and get someone to build it?
April 6, 2006 1:37:13 PM

I'm saying that's how much it would cost for a person to build a system himself or herself. I'm assuming something like $30 per hour for that person's time out of their weekend or whatever (some people make more than that, some less) and 8 hours including research and the actual building.

I'm just trying to address the question: sure you can save $200+ if you build a computer yourself, but doesn't the time it takes you to actually do all the research and work yourself also have value? That time and money wasn't included in the tally above.

I wish 8 hours was unrealistic, but including the research I did to learn how, I spent at least that building my first rig (you gotta start somewhere). Took me forever to figure out how those little jumper things worked and to get the stupid case lights to operate, but that's a whole other story.
April 6, 2006 1:39:37 PM

72-hours to build and exhaustively test a system is not uncommon.

In fact it is ideal to hammer a machine before selling it, to ensure minimum dodgy machines are sold.

Multiple Memory Tests, various patterns, aswell as tests that hit the chipset settings and timings hard.

Power Supply Unit load testing.

CPU Tests

HDD media and interface tests. (eg: SeaTools, PowerMax, WD Data-Life-Guard, etc)

Copy heaps of data (both a few large files and heaps of small files) to/from HDD confirm not corrupt (mostly driver & controller test this one, also can isolate dodgy cables)

Optical drive tests

Sound tests

Testing of each USB port at given speeds, confirm data doesn't get corrupt.

Copy 8 GB data to/from each network adapter, confirm not corrupt (WinRAR is good for this as it can store heaps of CRC style information in files, otherwise just compare CRC32, MD5, SHA512 match before and after copies).

MMMmmm, what else ?
April 6, 2006 1:59:00 PM

I'm sure if you're building to sell (and you're working alone) it could take a long time to make sure you're selling a quality product - Mesa/Boogie tube guitar amplifiers are hit with a hammer at full volume and put through tests equivalent to being dropped from an 8 foot stage before leaving the factory.

But if you're building for yourself, you wouldn't bother, would you? I have never bothered to put my own systems through such extensive testing.
April 6, 2006 2:02:23 PM

Find the niggling faults before you'd normally notice them.

Ideally while the parts are still under warranty.... 8)

Saves potential problems later.

Say your building a PC, and can't really have it 'out of order' for a 3 year period ?, What do you do ?
April 6, 2006 2:04:38 PM

Agreed, but the point is still valid ... 8 hours or more of your weekend doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of time to lose to computer building if you choose to build it yourself, and that time has value. And I have to assume vishusmartishus hasn't built a computer before; if he had, why would he turn to Dell now?

72 hours of testing is probably extreme for a home-built PC, which is why I added 4 hours of time spent scouring the forums for answers and advice. ;)  Either way, it's time/money you don't have to spend if you let someone else do the work.
April 6, 2006 2:05:16 PM

I realise there's a good reason to doing all that testing, and it makes sense. But most of my PCs are recycles - i.e. FREE - anyway and I use my Mac for most things now, so I don't bother. But for servers for sure I run h/w tests.
April 6, 2006 2:13:02 PM

The tests (are so easy they) could be run in ones sleep. :lol: 

As much as us techs claim to not require sleep, we do. :cry: 
April 6, 2006 2:15:30 PM

You sleep for 72 hours at a time? You wana get that looked at :wink:
April 6, 2006 2:20:21 PM

Quote:
Well, just to be fair, his original $1150 included shipping, which your tally didn't. Also, to compare apples to apples, your tally should include:

4 hours on forums asking questions like, "Why doesn't this work?" and, "Okay, I tried that, NOW why doesn't it work?" @ $30/hour: $120

I'm no Dell fan, and it's still cheaper to build yourself, but for some people it isn't worth the hassle for the sake of <$500 difference.

Well, your right but, Dell is currently shipping machines for free so I didn't include that. I know there are costs associated with building the machines but, that window can vary so greatly, I didn't even want to take a stab at a range. That system will make a good workhorse system for someone looking for that type of machine. All I wanted to point out is, Dell is still making a ton of money on that machine.
April 6, 2006 2:31:29 PM

Quote:
All I wanted to point out is, Dell is still making a ton of money on that machine.

Absolutely NO disagreement there. Their efficiency and margins are huge. Don't weep for Dell; even their reasonable deals make them money. :-P
April 6, 2006 2:31:36 PM

Dell have quite good deal sometime but I still build my own computers.
I upgrade my computers quite often so it is more flexible for me.
I have been ordering Dell computers for my friends who need ultra cheap computer for office application. I was able to get some Dell computers without OS for about $300 for my friends. The best part is that I do not get any complain when crappy computer start to have problem.
April 6, 2006 3:17:41 PM

Quote:

What kind of worthless dumbass takes 8 hours to put in screws, plug things in and install drivers?
I agree with the breaking thing though lol. You usually just have to RMA and wait a week =/
a b à CPUs
April 6, 2006 3:18:29 PM

"8 hours building @ $30/hour: $240
"
In all fairness, it's more like only 2 hours, it's fun to build/install Windows yourself, and, most importantly....it's free!
April 6, 2006 3:41:33 PM

2 hours @ $125/hr ... hey its what I charge! Mmmmm.... Dell monitors :p 

I think its a good rig, I think he is refering to the 10 days of Dell savings they do once a year I got the email too, happens when you buy a Dell 8O yep , I said it lol.

A complete system that he can upgrade and expand on for a grand is not too shabby, I assume it comes with some software "legit" even. and mouse and keyboard, he might have even gotten a 1-4 year warranty which brings the price up and that is a good thing for some people who arent as " Uber " as Mad Mod Dude!

Enjoy your Dell buddy!
April 6, 2006 4:15:20 PM

Quote:

Generally speaking, people in here don't buy OEM systems. I'd say 80% of the people in here (worth their salt) build their own systems. Also, you might try posting this in the "General Homebuilt" section next time.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with CPU's.
April 6, 2006 4:21:44 PM

The best deal you got was the monitor. You should have read a how to build a PC before you paid all that for a Dell. I like Dell for laptops but desktops. You got like 1 year hardware support but if you went to a store and bought the video card ATI you would have 3 year hardware. That would hold true for most parts. I had an old Iwill board back in the Slot A days, and they replaced it after 3 years I was shocked when I got a brand new board with all the upgrades in the mail.

So the moral of my little story is you kind of got it up the a$$.
April 6, 2006 4:34:07 PM

Quote:
What kind of worthless dumbass takes 8 hours to put in screws, plug things in and install drivers?

Well, since you ask, it's the kind of worthless dumbass who's never done it before, and who would need to do some research on the subject, maybe look at a tutorial or two beforehand, and spend some time with the motherboard manual. I used to be that worthless dumbass. In a lot of ways, I still am. (Just ask my wife.)

Unrelated to the above quote, but this thread must be getting too long; people aren't reading the discussion bits that came in the middle and are picking up the argument from the beginning again. :-P
April 6, 2006 4:39:40 PM

Quote: "I think people with under 100 posts should be presented a more welcome approach, less we have no forum society to build upon."

Agreed, but ... vishusmartishus posting on a site frequented by do-it-yourselfers who build their own systems, to encourage that they check out a neat deal at Dell ... is a lot like someone going onto a forum for classic muscle car builders (Mustang, Camaro) and encouraging them to check out Hyundai's latest lineup and low-interest credit plan.
April 6, 2006 4:46:46 PM

Quote:
"8 hours building @ $30/hour: $240
"
In all fairness, it's more like only 2 hours, it's fun to build/install Windows yourself, and, most importantly....it's free!

Fair enough; it's more like 2 hours if you've done it before, know what you're doing, and don't make any mistakes (although that still doesn't include research time finding components). But honestly, if all it took was 2 hours and nothing ever went wrong, what are we all doing here on these forums?? ;) 

But what I was trying to say was that it's NOT free to do it yourself: time is money, and for some people, the time saved by letting someone else build the machine is worth more (to them) than the cost to buy from a mass producer like Dell. I just want to look at the TOTAL cost of building something yourself vs. the Dell we're talking about here.
April 6, 2006 4:46:57 PM

Quote:

Yep, your absolutely right man, we don't dare talk about CPUs here at all! LOL :lol: 

Sorry, had to point that out... I got a good laugh out of it anyway. Ok, i'll stfu now
April 6, 2006 4:51:02 PM

Quote:

Yep, your absolutely right man, we don't dare talk about CPUs here at all! LOL :lol: 

Sorry, had to point that out... I got a good laugh out of it anyway. Ok, i'll stfu now

I'd just like to add, since this isn't about CPU's..

At this site, you can figure out the Nutrition you get from KFC products:

KFC Nutrition Calculator

8O . o O (dang, stomach is really growling now)
April 6, 2006 4:52:05 PM

Now there's a thought ... hhhmmm lunchtime ... :D 
April 6, 2006 5:24:05 PM

Quote:

Well, since you ask, it's the kind of worthless dumbass who's never done it before, and who would need to do some research on the subject, maybe look at a tutorial or two beforehand, and spend some time with the motherboard manual. I used to be that worthless dumbass. In a lot of ways, I still am. (Just ask my wife.)

Unrelated to the above quote, but this thread must be getting too long; people aren't reading the discussion bits that came in the middle and are picking up the argument from the beginning again. :-P
d00d, you really just screw it in and plug it in. Then you load up a cd, then you install some drivers. Then you load up your favorite porn site and..
You get the drift? People THINK building a computer is daunting, it sure sounds like it, but it really isn't at all.
April 6, 2006 5:26:27 PM

Quote:

It has:

Pentium D 820 (2x2.8)

$1150

Well, let's see ..

Monitor $432 (current)

Pentium D 820 $217

The cheapest 533 RAM, $71. I bet you any amount of money they will install DDR2-400 just to save money. I can't tell you how many Dell machines I've seen with the lower speed memory installed.

Dell 7300LE, add $40
Quote:

With that, the total of these parts comes to $920. Now, that gives Dell 2 thousand extra dollars to skim off the price of the case, motherboard, drives etc. and we all know, you can buy a new motherboard, case, drives, keyboard, mouse and anything to complete this system for well under a thousand bucks.

I also want to mention that Dell is certainly not going to pay $217 for a Pentium D 820, they will certainly pay less for it along with the other parts mentioned so in conclusion of this and IMO, you didn't save anything and by building it yourself even if you buy the operating system, you probably would have saved 200 dollars or more.

No offense but you have so pretty shafty addition and subtraction skills...You were right up to the part that they add to 920. Here's where you veered off course. His total was only 1150 after shipping. So where do you get 2 thousand to skim off...shipping is probably 50 bucks itself which would give you 180 for a case, psu, optical drives, keyboard, mouse, etc...(I spend 180 alone on case and PSU when I build, just cause they are important, otherwise you're getting shit) I'm not saying I'm an advocate of buying pre-built systems because I build all mine except laptops, but it's a pretty decent deal...
April 6, 2006 5:30:06 PM

Quote:

It has:

Pentium D 820 (2x2.8)

$1150

Well, let's see ..

Monitor $432 (current)

Pentium D 820 $217

Dell 7300LE, add $40
Quote:

No offense but you have so pretty shafty addition and subtraction skills...You were right up to the part that they add to 920. Here's where you veered off course. His total was only 1150 after shipping. So where do you get 2 thousand to skim off...shipping is probably 50 bucks itself which would give you 180 for a case, psu, optical drives, keyboard, mouse, etc...(I spend 180 alone on case and PSU when I build, just cause they are important, otherwise you're getting ****) I'm not saying I'm an advocate of buying pre-built systems because I build all mine except laptops, but it's a pretty decent deal...
For little, crap ass cases Dell uses, shipping is not very expensive. You can pick up optical drive/mouse/keyboard/speakers for like $40 if you search, I'm sure Dell doesn't care about quality of that.
April 6, 2006 5:34:57 PM

My point is...he would've been saving absolutely no money whatsoever, or like 5 dollars when it was all said and done, because you have shipping costs on top of all the components too...optical drives are 30 at least if you're getting a dvd-rw, which almost all prebuilts come with anyway...and I'm sure Dell makes deals with Sony or NEC to get them at bulk pricing, but my main point was, if he's not familiar with building computers, and doesn't really need to upgrade it because it's only being used for applications. I say he got a damn good price for none of the hassle, and btw I really like Dell high-end LCDs, along with Samsung...my two favs.

What I would do if I had that computer would be to instantly reformat and install windows on a clean slate with just drivers and get rid of all their excess memory eating crap.
April 6, 2006 5:39:18 PM

Quote:
My point is...he would've been saving absolutely no money whatsoever, or like 5 dollars when it was all said and done, because you have shipping costs on top of all the components too...optical drives are 30 at least if you're getting a dvd-rw, which almost all prebuilts come with anyway...and I'm sure Dell makes deals with Sony or NEC to get them at bulk pricing, but my main point was, if he's not familiar with building computers, and doesn't really need to upgrade it because it's only being used for applications. I say he got a damn good price for none of the hassle, and btw I really like Dell high-end LCDs, along with Samsung...my two favs.

What I would do if I had that computer would be to instantly reformat and install windows on a clean slate with just drivers and get rid of all their excess memory eating crap.

Even if he didn't save ~$150, which I highly doubt, he gets a WHOLE lot more for the money.
One, he gets a non-generic Maxtor hard drive that won't die in 4 years.
Two, he can opt for ddr2 667.
Three, he has a motherboard that is non-generic and is loaded with features.
Four, he can buy a better sound card.
Five, he could save even more money by not getting a worthless 7300 and sticking with integrated.
April 6, 2006 5:40:55 PM

Quote:
well call me a dumbass cause it took me ages to put togethr this one. it was my first and unfortunaltely i had a faulty power cable. this meant i took everything back out, then had to reapply termal paste which to someone who hasn't done it before is difficult. after everything was back in i realised what the problem was. now if i was exprienced i probably still would have done the same as who would suspect the power cord.

true once i got a good one it worked easy enough, but to say it is simple for a first timer is just ignorant.

Like I said, if it breaks it's a pain in the ass, but even if it does you have a better warranty than Dell
April 6, 2006 5:48:29 PM

Quote:
point 4 of yours, is just pointless. if he ain't gaming and even if he is for most people the xtrememusic will do more than fine.

also why wqould he need 667 ram. what does a non-gamer need higher end components for anyway.

Exactly the DDR667 is if he were going to overclock. As if a computer with those specs can't run all the office apps. Uh oh, gotta feed it more power! The logic there just doesn't make sense. He probably won't add another hard drive, or screw with the bios enough to warrant having a better mobo than his system has. (Which are usually made by Intel and very stable) The Creative XtremeMusic is plenty for what he needs, I would say downloaded music would sound more and exceptional with that card. And this way, if he doesn't know how to use something like say burning a DVD (don't laugh some people don't, usually in the middle to older ages) he can call dell up and they can walk him through it on his machine.

I've reccommended Dell's to many people who I know don't have superior computer skills but need something for school or for work or just to use for email and office applications. And I will continue to reccommend certain systems, because everyone I've reccommended them to so far has gotten great use out of them.
April 6, 2006 5:51:56 PM

Quote:
d00d, you really just screw it in and plug it in. Then you load up a cd, then you install some drivers. Then you load up your favorite porn site and..
You get the drift? People THINK building a computer is daunting, it sure sounds like it, but it really isn't at all.

*shrug* What can I tell you? I had trouble with it and I had to look some stuff up, and it took me a bit of time to get everything right. I mean, it's not like somebody just handed me a box of compatible components! But again, look around the forums ... I'm not the only one who's had the occasional false start or compatibility problem.
April 6, 2006 6:03:32 PM

Quote:
Like I said, if it breaks it's a pain in the ass, but even if it does you have a better warranty than Dell

How do you figure? It's a lot easier having Dell look at the machine and either fixing it or sending you a new one than to have to diagnose the problem yourself.

Sounds like you're one of those lucky/brilliant sorts who has never had a problem building a machine, but for some of us, it's a challenge. (Have you ever heard of the "screech of death"? It's a known issue with Creative cards and some chipset combinations that I've been enjoying for a year. I'd have loved to just ship the whole thing back and said, "fix it, baby.")
April 6, 2006 6:10:29 PM

Quote:

How do you figure? It's a lot easier having Dell look at the machine and either fixing it or sending you a new one than to have to diagnose the problem yourself.

Sounds like you're one of those lucky/brilliant sorts who has never had a problem building a machine, but for some of us, it's a challenge. (Have you ever heard of the "screech of death"? It's a known issue with Creative cards and some chipset combinations that I've been enjoying for a year. I'd have loved to just ship the whole thing back and said, "fix it, baby.")

Yeah, it's not just the computer you buy when you buy something like that. It's the ease of knowing that if it gets f'ed up you can call them up and send it back or they'll send someone to you. I've luckily been able to diagnose and fix all of my problems (oh and I've had my share) pretty quickly, but I work around computers all the time and I'm in school for CIS and was for Elec. Engineering so that kind of helps. Odds are that they have minimal knowlege when it comes to diagnosing and repairing problems and it would be a load off their chest to call someone and have them fix it for free as long as its in that time.
April 6, 2006 6:22:29 PM

Quote:
point 4 of yours, is just pointless. if he ain't gaming and even if he is for most people the xtrememusic will do more than fine.

also why wqould he need 667 ram. what does a non-gamer need higher end components for anyway.

Why not? Aeneon 667 is ~$74 for a gig
April 6, 2006 6:32:38 PM

Quote:

*shrug* What can I tell you? I had trouble with it and I had to look some stuff up, and it took me a bit of time to get everything right. I mean, it's not like somebody just handed me a box of compatible components! But again, look around the forums ... I'm not the only one who's had the occasional false start or compatibility problem.
I bought a DFI board. Believe me, I know problems.
April 6, 2006 6:34:07 PM

You're joking right? That is throwing a really shitty component into a box that doesn't need any more shit in it. That Aeneon ram I just looked at, and it's crap...no wonder it's so cheap.
April 6, 2006 6:35:34 PM

Quote:
You're joking right? That is throwing a really shitty component into a box that doesn't need any more **** in it. That Aeneon ram I just looked at, and it's crap...no wonder it's so cheap.

Great, you looked at it. I could care less whether or not you think it's nice by the way it "looks". Tomshardware did a review of it and said it was all around excellent and a great buy.
!