Info about dual monitor setups etc

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 27, 2005 1:34:33 PM

Gday folks
I found some articles on Toms hardware that may be of interest to anyone
starting out setting up a multi monitor system.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/ The section about
FS9 is about 4 or 5 pages into the article

Another handy thing I found is a USB to VGA adaptor .Dont know if it would
be any good for simming but who knows............

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050608/index...

Bryan
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 4:32:55 PM

"Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote :

> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/ The section
> about FS9 is about 4 or 5 pages into the article

and the question is ?

> Another handy thing I found is a USB to VGA adaptor .Dont know if it would
> be any good for simming but who knows............
>
> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050608/index...

I don't think at all you would get a less than acceptable frame rate with
such an adaptor
June 28, 2005 2:48:14 AM

"ohilibelibelibelibelibelai" <nograzie@tin.it> wrote in message
news:D 9okkf$sni$1@newsread.albacom.net...
> "Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote :
>>
>> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/ The section
>> about FS9 is about 4 or 5 pages into the article
>
> and the question is ?

There is no question, my post was for people starting out setting up multi
monitor systems because there have been a lot of questions lately about this
topic.

>> Another handy thing I found is a USB to VGA adaptor .Dont know if it
>> would be any good for simming but who knows............
>>
>> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050608/index...
>>

> I don't think at all you would get a less than acceptable frame rate with
> such an adaptor

Actually, I think you WOULD get a less than acceptable frame rate

I don't think this adaptor would work very well with FS9 (especially if it
is only VGA) but someone might find it useful for running a 2nd monitor for
FSNav or something.It would be cheaper than buying a new dual head video
card. I have never heard anyone mention them before.

Bryan
June 28, 2005 2:48:15 AM

"Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote :

>>> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/ The section
>>> about FS9 is about 4 or 5 pages into the article
>>
>> and the question is ?
>
> There is no question, my post was for people starting out setting up multi
> monitor systems because there have been a lot of questions lately about
> this topic.

oh fine. very useful tought. I do use multidisplay and tought you were
wondering
about something.

>>> Another handy thing I found is a USB to VGA adaptor .Dont know if it
>>> would be any good for simming but who knows............
>>>
>>> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050608/index...
>>>

>> I don't think at all you would get a less than acceptable frame rate with
>> such an adaptor
>
> Actually, I think you WOULD get a less than acceptable frame rate

I forgot a comma somewhere, in my keyboard ;)  that is what I did mean to
say.

> I don't think this adaptor would work very well with FS9 (especially if it
> is only VGA) but someone might find it useful for running a 2nd monitor
> for FSNav or something.It would be cheaper than buying a new dual head
> video card. I have never heard anyone mention them before.

I am not much into it, but I think it exist a program like wideview, wich
allows running programs wich don't require external views, like instruments
panels, etc, without need a second instance of flight simulator running.
this can be used trough a network, so.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:48:15 AM

"Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
news:D 9osgm$2eh9$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> I don't think this adaptor would work very well with FS9 (especially if it
> is only VGA) but someone might find it useful for running a 2nd monitor
> for FSNav or something.It would be cheaper than buying a new dual head
> video card. I have never heard anyone mention them before.
>

> Bryan

Actually, I am using a DVI to VGA adapter on the graphics card DVI output
(adapter came with my graphics card) to run a second monitor--main output
from the card is VGA going to primary monitor. Second monitor is LCD, and
works fine for radio stack, GPS, throttle quad, and other pop up windows so
I can have them displayed at all times without covering the main panel.
Insignificant hit to frame rates. Display looks quite good.

Paul
June 28, 2005 11:13:45 AM

"Paul Riley" <Falcon63624@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
> news:D 9osgm$2eh9$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
>> I don't think this adaptor would work very well with FS9 (especially if
>> it is only VGA) but someone might find it useful for running a 2nd
>> monitor for FSNav or something.It would be cheaper than buying a new dual
>> head video card. I have never heard anyone mention them before.
>>

>> Bryan
>
> Actually, I am using a DVI to VGA adapter on the graphics card DVI output
> (adapter came with my graphics card) to run a second monitor--main output
> from the card is VGA going to primary monitor. Second monitor is LCD, and
> works fine for radio stack, GPS, throttle quad, and other pop up windows
> so I can have them displayed at all times without covering the main panel.
> Insignificant hit to frame rates. Display looks quite good.
>
> Paul

Yep,same here Paul for my 2nd monitor,and it works very well. That adaptor
in the article was USB to VGA which was a new one for me. I might call in to
my computer shop today and see if they know much about them.

Bryan
!