Info about dual monitor setups etc

Gday folks
I found some articles on Toms hardware that may be of interest to anyone
starting out setting up a multi monitor system.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/ The section about
FS9 is about 4 or 5 pages into the article

Another handy thing I found is a USB to VGA adaptor .Dont know if it would
be any good for simming but who knows............

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050608/index.html

Bryan
5 answers Last reply
More about info dual monitor setups

    "Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote :

    > http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/ The section
    > about FS9 is about 4 or 5 pages into the article

    and the question is ?

    > Another handy thing I found is a USB to VGA adaptor .Dont know if it would
    > be any good for simming but who knows............
    >
    > http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050608/index.html

    I don't think at all you would get a less than acceptable frame rate with
    such an adaptor

    "ohilibelibelibelibelibelai" <nograzie@tin.it> wrote in message
    > "Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote :
    >>
    >> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/ The section
    >> about FS9 is about 4 or 5 pages into the article
    >
    > and the question is ?

    There is no question, my post was for people starting out setting up multi
    monitor systems because there have been a lot of questions lately about this
    topic.

    >> Another handy thing I found is a USB to VGA adaptor .Dont know if it
    >> would be any good for simming but who knows............
    >>
    >> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050608/index.html
    >>

    > I don't think at all you would get a less than acceptable frame rate with
    > such an adaptor

    Actually, I think you WOULD get a less than acceptable frame rate

    I don't think this adaptor would work very well with FS9 (especially if it
    is only VGA) but someone might find it useful for running a 2nd monitor for
    FSNav or something.It would be cheaper than buying a new dual head video
    card. I have never heard anyone mention them before.

    Bryan

    "Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote :

    >>> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/ The section
    >>> about FS9 is about 4 or 5 pages into the article
    >>
    >> and the question is ?
    >
    > There is no question, my post was for people starting out setting up multi
    > monitor systems because there have been a lot of questions lately about
    > this topic.

    oh fine. very useful tought. I do use multidisplay and tought you were
    wondering
    about something.

    >>> Another handy thing I found is a USB to VGA adaptor .Dont know if it
    >>> would be any good for simming but who knows............
    >>>
    >>> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050608/index.html
    >>>

    >> I don't think at all you would get a less than acceptable frame rate with
    >> such an adaptor
    >
    > Actually, I think you WOULD get a less than acceptable frame rate

    I forgot a comma somewhere, in my keyboard ;) that is what I did mean to
    say.

    > I don't think this adaptor would work very well with FS9 (especially if it
    > is only VGA) but someone might find it useful for running a 2nd monitor
    > for FSNav or something.It would be cheaper than buying a new dual head
    > video card. I have never heard anyone mention them before.

    I am not much into it, but I think it exist a program like wideview, wich
    allows running programs wich don't require external views, like instruments
    panels, etc, without need a second instance of flight simulator running.
    this can be used trough a network, so.

    "Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
    > I don't think this adaptor would work very well with FS9 (especially if it
    > is only VGA) but someone might find it useful for running a 2nd monitor
    > for FSNav or something.It would be cheaper than buying a new dual head
    > video card. I have never heard anyone mention them before.
    >

    > Bryan

    Actually, I am using a DVI to VGA adapter on the graphics card DVI output
    (adapter came with my graphics card) to run a second monitor--main output
    from the card is VGA going to primary monitor. Second monitor is LCD, and
    works fine for radio stack, GPS, throttle quad, and other pop up windows so
    I can have them displayed at all times without covering the main panel.
    Insignificant hit to frame rates. Display looks quite good.

    Paul

    "Paul Riley" <Falcon63624@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Bryan" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
    >> I don't think this adaptor would work very well with FS9 (especially if
    >> it is only VGA) but someone might find it useful for running a 2nd
    >> monitor for FSNav or something.It would be cheaper than buying a new dual
    >> head video card. I have never heard anyone mention them before.
    >>

    >> Bryan
    >
    > Actually, I am using a DVI to VGA adapter on the graphics card DVI output
    > (adapter came with my graphics card) to run a second monitor--main output
    > from the card is VGA going to primary monitor. Second monitor is LCD, and
    > works fine for radio stack, GPS, throttle quad, and other pop up windows
    > so I can have them displayed at all times without covering the main panel.
    > Insignificant hit to frame rates. Display looks quite good.
    >
    > Paul

    Yep,same here Paul for my 2nd monitor,and it works very well. That adaptor
    in the article was USB to VGA which was a new one for me. I might call in to
    my computer shop today and see if they know much about them.

    Bryan

Dual Monitors Microsoft Video Games