Lost "Activesync" Via USB But Not WiFi..??

October 17, 2004 7:52:50 AM

Can't figure out how or why I lost USB connection after
months if it connecting just fine.. It will still sync's using WiFi
as long as I initize the connection from my Axim..
I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Activesync & using an older
version (3.7), removing & reinstalling usb drivers, unchecking all the
sync methods & then rechecking them one at a time, making sure I did a
soft reset along the way at each attempt but still
not usb sync.. The "get connected" searches &
finds the USB connection but it won't complete,
it just stops, shows the results & if I click the "next"
button it just searches again.. I end up clicking the
"cancel" button just to get out..

Any Ideas / solutions would be greatly appreciated..???

Note: The "get connected" within "Activesync"
does find my usb cradle & device manager does
show it's connected. Which I've even uninstalled
while my X5 is connected but that didn't help any either.

The T-22 (Win2000) that I sync to connects via USB
to other devices just fine, so I know it's
not a hardware issue within my IBM T-22..

Pocketpc:
Axim "X5" Advanced / 2002 "OS"
400 Mhz
64 meg ram
256 meg "SD" card
Dell WiFi "CF" Card
Activesync 3.7.1

Sync To:
IBM T-22 Notebook
running "Win2000" / service pack 4

8************************************************************************8
Long before e-commerce was designated the king of the Internet, the
ruler was content And way before that it was community....!!
8*************************************************************************8
Microsoft Windows - A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to
a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded
for a four bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company
that can't stand one bit of competition.
8**************************************************************8
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 9:42:38 PM

Are you using the same USB port you have been using before?

If not, what happens if you move the connection back to the previous port?

Also, check the Power Management options. And make sure you're not
connecting your device through a USB HUB.

"Lancelot" <Lancelot9201@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Can't figure out how or why I lost USB connection after
> months if it connecting just fine.. It will still sync's using WiFi
> as long as I initize the connection from my Axim..
> I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Activesync & using an older
> version (3.7), removing & reinstalling usb drivers, unchecking all the
> sync methods & then rechecking them one at a time, making sure I did a
> soft reset along the way at each attempt but still
> not usb sync.. The "get connected" searches &
> finds the USB connection but it won't complete,
> it just stops, shows the results & if I click the "next"
> button it just searches again.. I end up clicking the
> "cancel" button just to get out..
>
> Any Ideas / solutions would be greatly appreciated..???
>
> Note: The "get connected" within "Activesync"
> does find my usb cradle & device manager does
> show it's connected. Which I've even uninstalled
> while my X5 is connected but that didn't help any either.
>
> The T-22 (Win2000) that I sync to connects via USB
> to other devices just fine, so I know it's
> not a hardware issue within my IBM T-22..
>
> Pocketpc:
> Axim "X5" Advanced / 2002 "OS"
> 400 Mhz
> 64 meg ram
> 256 meg "SD" card
> Dell WiFi "CF" Card
> Activesync 3.7.1
>
> Sync To:
> IBM T-22 Notebook
> running "Win2000" / service pack 4
>
> 8************************************************************************8
> Long before e-commerce was designated the king of the Internet, the
> ruler was content And way before that it was community....!!
> 8*************************************************************************8
> Microsoft Windows - A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to
> a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded
> for a four bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company
> that can't stand one bit of competition.
> 8**************************************************************8

October 17, 2004 9:42:39 PM

No, I'm not using a "USB" hub. I would
have bypassed that long ago.. I've checked
& double checked "power management" &
can't find anything there that might have
caused this issue.. Thanks though, I
appreciate your input..

8************************************************************************8
Long before e-commerce was designated the king of the Internet, the
ruler was content And way before that it was community....!!
Microsoft Windows - A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to
a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded
for a four bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company
that can't stand one bit of competition.
October 18, 2004 1:36:04 AM

Anyone else have any Ideas??
!