SP2 causes IE6 to disappear and more

Hello,

I have loaded SP2 twice on a particular machine with the same results.

Internet Explorer literally disappears from the system, Icon and all
(doing a search reports no results).

Both MY Computer and Control Panel no longer work. They both return
errors.

By doing a restore everything goes back to normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

johnf

Yes, while you're rolled back, run "Disk Cleanup" on your HDD, then run your
AV, followed by 'AdAware' & 'Spybot Search & Destroy' to rid your system of
rubbish. Make sure you've cleaned out all your temp files.
Unplug all peripherals, printers etc., unplug your I'net cable, disable your
AV, go into Task Manager and kill all unnecessary running processes, then
try installing it again.
I'm assuming you DO have the latest version of SP2 already d'loaded or on
CD.

--

johnf