Broken Nose Wheel

Hey all,

I recently bought a Vans RV7/7A. Taxiing is a real b!)#( cause it doesn't
turn worth a hoot. When using the backup (Shift/P) and I shift/p to stop,
the nose wheel wobbles back and forth 2 or 3 times but does not turn with
the rudder. Is that fixable? ... to get it to turn normal like?

Mr. Steve
7 answers Last reply
More about broken nose wheel

    "Mr. Steve"
    > I recently bought a Vans RV7/7A. Taxiing is a real b!)#( cause it doesn't
    > turn worth a hoot.

    If you will cut and paste the text of its aircraft.cfg file here I can look
    at it and see if the nose wheel steering is fixable.

    Dallas

    > I recently bought a Vans RV7/7A. Taxiing is a real b!)#( cause it doesn't
    > turn worth a hoot. When using the backup (Shift/P) and I shift/p to
    > stop, the nose wheel wobbles back and forth 2 or 3 times but does not turn
    > with the rudder. Is that fixable? ... to get it to turn normal like?

    The nosewheel in an RV7A casters freely... at low taxi speeds you steer
    using differential braking.

    --
    Tom Young
    36.2 toward PP-ASEL

    That's what I was afraid of. I would rather fly the 7 instead...I like tail
    draggers but I also want the extra instrumentation...autopilot...you know,
    the wife's always callin' me and I gotta run for a couple minutes and I
    don't want to pause or I won't get my flight done before I gotta go
    somewhere else :)

    Thanks

    Mr. Steve

    "Tom Young" <teyoung1_this_@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> I recently bought a Vans RV7/7A. Taxiing is a real b!)#( cause it
    >> doesn't turn worth a hoot. When using the backup (Shift/P) and I
    >> shift/p to stop, the nose wheel wobbles back and forth 2 or 3 times but
    >> does not turn with the rudder. Is that fixable? ... to get it to turn
    >> normal like?
    >
    > The nosewheel in an RV7A casters freely... at low taxi speeds you steer
    > using differential braking.
    >

    > --
    > Tom Young
    > 36.2 toward PP-ASEL
    > t e y o u n g 1 @ c o m c a s t . n e t
    > (remove _this_ to reply)

    Dallas,

    Tom Young says that's the way it's supposed to be but I'd still be
    interested in making it connected to the rudder.

    Here it is.

    Thanks
    //Aircraft.cfg and RV7.AIR work in FS9

    [fltsim.0]

    title=Van's RV-7A

    sim=RV7A

    model=

    panel=

    sound=

    texture=Yellow1

    kb_checklists=RV7_check

    kb_reference=RV7_ref

    atc_id=N530RV

    atc_parking_types=RAMP

    ui_manufacturer=Van's Aircraft

    ui_type=RV-7A 200 h.p.

    ui_variation=Factory yellow, blue and white

    description=The RV-7A is a kitplane designed by Van's Aircraft, one of the
    most successful kit companies in the world. It is a high performance,
    two-seater, single-engine, low wing, fixed gear, all-aluminum taildragger
    with excellent cross-country and aerobatic capabilities. The RV-7\/7A is
    designed for much the same mission as the RV-6\/6A was. However, it accepts
    Lycoming engines from 150-200 horsepower, giving the builder more options.
    It uses many parts in common with the RV-8\/8A and RV-9A, which keeps
    production and inventory costs down. Legroom, headroom, and useful load are
    all greater than the RV-6\/6A. The span and area of the wing was increased.
    The Vne (never exceed speed) was increased to 210 kts. Fuel capacity went
    from 38 gallons to 42.\nBut the biggest difference is the kit. The RV-7\/7A
    kit is the most highly advanced kit Van's has produced, and maybe the
    easiest to build. Computer aided design and computer controlled production
    tools mean that the parts fit exactly as they should.

    atc_heavy=0

    atc_airline=

    atc_flight_number=

    [fltsim.1]

    title=Van's RV-7A Blue Flames

    sim=RV7A

    model=

    panel=

    sound=

    texture=Blue1

    kb_checklists=RV7_check

    kb_reference=RV7_ref

    atc_id=N442RV

    atc_parking_types=RAMP

    ui_manufacturer=Van's Aircraft

    ui_type=RV-7A 200 h.p.

    ui_variation=Blue Flames

[...]

    [fltsim.2]

    title=Van's RV-7A Flying Tiger

    sim=RV7A

    model=

    panel=

    sound=

    texture=crazy1

    kb_checklists=RV7_check

    kb_reference=RV7_ref

    atc_id=N6971

    atc_parking_types=RAMP

    ui_manufacturer=Van's Aircraft

    ui_type=RV-7A 200 h.p.

    ui_variation=Flying Tiger

[...]

    [fltsim.3]

    title=Van's RV-7A Snap-On Tools

    sim=RV7A

    model=

    panel=

    sound=

    texture=SnapOn1

    kb_checklists=RV7_check

    kb_reference=RV7_ref

    atc_id=N4177

    atc_parking_types=RAMP

    ui_manufacturer=Van's Aircraft

    ui_type=RV-7A 200 h.p.

    ui_variation=Snap-on Tools

[...]

    [fltsim.4]

    title=Van's RV-7A Camo

    sim=RV7A

    model=

    panel=

    sound=

    texture=camo1

    kb_checklists=RV7_check

    kb_reference=RV7_ref

    atc_id=HB-142

    atc_parking_types=RAMP

    ui_manufacturer=Van's Aircraft

    ui_type=RV-7A 200 h.p.

    ui_variation=Camo

[...]

    [fltsim.5]

    title=Van's RV-7A Classic

    sim=RV7A

    model=

    panel=

    sound=

    texture=classic1

    kb_checklists=RV7_check

    kb_reference=RV7_ref

    atc_id=N6731

    atc_parking_types=RAMP

    ui_manufacturer=Van's Aircraft

    ui_type=RV-7A 200 h.p.

    ui_variation=Classic

[...]

    [fltsim.6]

    title=Van's RV-7A Purple

    sim=RV7A

    model=

    panel=

    sound=

    texture=purple1

    kb_checklists=RV7_check

    kb_reference=RV7_ref

    atc_id=N883

    atc_parking_types=RAMP

    ui_manufacturer=Van's Aircraft

    ui_type=RV-7A 200 h.p.

    ui_variation=Purple

[...]

    [fltsim.7]

    title=Van's RV-7A Blue Stripe

    sim=RV7A

    model=

    panel=

    sound=

    texture=bluestr1

    kb_checklists=RV7_check

    kb_reference=RV7_ref

    atc_id=G-RVEH

    atc_parking_types=RAMP

    ui_manufacturer=Van's Aircraft

    ui_type=RV-7A 200 h.p.

    ui_variation=Blue Stripe

[...]

    [fltsim.8]

    title=Van's RV-7A Red Flame

    sim=RV7A

    model=

    panel=

    sound=

    texture=red1

    kb_checklists=RV7_check

    kb_reference=RV7_ref

    atc_id=N442RV

    atc_parking_types=RAMP

    ui_manufacturer=Van's Aircraft

    ui_type=RV-7A 200 h.p.

    ui_variation=Red Flames

[...]

    //However, it will accept Lycoming engines from 150-200 horsepower, giving

    //the builder more options. It uses many parts in common with the RV-8\/8A

    //and RV-9A, which keeps production and inventory costs down. Legroom,

    //headroom, and useful load are all greater than the RV-6\/6A. The span

    //and area of the wing has been increased. The Vne (never exceed speed)

    //has been increased to 230 mph. Fuel capacity went from 38 gallons to

    //42.\nBut the biggest difference is the kit. The RV-7\/7A kit is the

    //most highly advanced kit Van's has produced, and maybe the easiest to

    //build. Computer aided design and computer controlled production tools

    //mean that the parts fit exactly as they should. Traditionally, the task

    //of locating, aligning, drilling and preparing the thousands of rivet

    //holes has fallen to the airplane builder. It's not particularly difficult,

    //but it is repetitious and there are many opportunities for error. In the

    //matched hole RV-7\/7A kit, a computerized punch press locates and punches

    //all the rivet holes during manufacture, so the builder can pull the parts

    //out of the box, align the holes and begin assembly immediately.

    //200 HP, CS Prop

    //SPEED - SOLO WEIGHT 1400 lb

    //Top Speed 189 kts 217 mph 349 kmh

    //Cruise [75% @ 8000 ft] 180 kts 207 mph 333 kmh

    //Cruise [55% @ 8000 ft] 162 kts 187 mph 301 kmh

    //Stall Speed 44 kts 51 mph 82 kmh

    //SPEED - GROSS WEIGHT 1800 lb

    //Top Speed 188 kts 216 mph 348 kmh

    //Cruise [75% @ 8000 ft] 179 kts 206 mph 332 kmh

    //Cruise [55% @ 8000 ft] 162 kts 186 mph 299 kmh

    //Stall Speed 50 kts 58 mph 93 kmh

    //Vne ~ 200 kts IAS RV-8

    //Va 123

    //Vx 69

    //Vy 91

    //Vs 55/50

    //Vfe 87

    //Range [75% @ 8000 ft] 664 nm 765 sm

    //Range [55% @ 8000 ft] 812 nm 935 sm

    //TO 500 ft

    //Land 500 ft

    //Climb 1,900 fpm

    //Ceiling 22,500 ft

    //ENGINE

    //Textron Lycoming AEIO-360 -A1A 200 hp @ 2700 rpm

    //Propeller Two-bladed constant speed aerobatic Hartzel
    HC-C2YK-4CF\/FC7666A-2 (74")

    //RV-6:
    http://www.todayspilot.co.uk/index.html?http://www.todayspilot.co.uk/flight_tests/nov01/1p1.html

    //Roll due to Yaw: 20 deg roll at full rudder, @ 1.5 Vs

    // @ 1.3 Vs: bank -18 deg full L. rudder, 10 deg full R. Rudder

    [General]

    atc_type=EXPERIMENTAL

    atc_model=

    editable=1

    performance=SPEED - SOLO WEIGHT\nTop Speed\t\n189 kts 217 mph\t349
    kmh\n\nCruise [75% @ 8000 ft]\t\n180 kts 207 mph \t333 kmh\n\nCruise [55% @
    8000 ft]\t\n162 kts 187 mph \t301 kmh\n\nStall Speed\t\n44 kts 51 mph \t82
    kmh\n\nSPEED - GROSS WEIGHT\nTop Speed\t\n188 kts 216 mph\t348 kmh\n\nCruise
    [75% @ 8000 ft]\t\n179 kts 206 mph \t332 kmh\n\nCruise [55% @ 8000
    ft]\t\n162 kts 186 mph \t299 kmh\n\nStall Speed\t\n50 kts 58 mph \t93
    kmh\n\nENGINE\t\nTextron Lycoming AEIO-36 200 hp\n\nPropeller\nTwo-bladed
    constant speed aerobatic Hartzel HC-C2YK-4CF\/FC7666A-2

    [Views]

    //eyepoint = 3.40, -0.8, 0.25

    //eyepoint = 2.40, -0.8, 1.10

    eyepoint = -2.25, -0.8, 2.35

    [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]

    max_gross_weight = 1800.000

    empty_weight = 1093.000

    reference_datum_position = 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

    empty_weight_CG_position = 0.600, 0.000, -0.300

    max_number_of_stations = 3

    station_load.0 =170.000000, -1.870000, -0.800000, 0.020000, Pilot //ba

    station_load.1 =170.000000, -1.870000, 0.800000, 0.020000, Passenger

    station_load.2 =0.000000, -3.800000, 0.000000, -0.200000, Baggage

    empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 556.000

    empty_weight_roll_MOI = 395.000

    empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 728.000

    empty_weight_coupled_MOI = 0.000

    CG_forward_limit = 0.150

    CG_aft_limit = 0.400

    [fuel]

    LeftMain = -0.976, -3.500, -0.500, 21.000, 0.700

    RightMain = -0.976, 3.500, -0.500, 21.000, 0.700

    fuel_type = 1

    number_of_tank_selectors = 1

    electric_pump=1

    //0 Class

    //1 Longitudinal Position (feet)

    //2 Lateral Position (feet)

    //3 Vertical Position (feet)

    //4 Impact Damage Threshold (Feet Per Minute)

    //5 Brake Map (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)

    //6 Wheel Radius (feet)

    //7 Steer Angle (degrees)

    //8 Static Compression (feet) (0 if rigid)

    //9 Max/Static Compression Ratio

    //10 Damping Ratio (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped)

    //11 Extension Time (seconds)

    //12 Retraction Time (seconds)

    //13 Sound Type

    [contact_points]

    point.0= 1.000, 4.025, 0.000, -4.000, 1400.000, 0.000, 0.300, 180.000,
    0.300, 1.500, 0.800, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

    point.1= 1.000, -1.400, -3.200, -4.100, 2000.000, 1.000, 0.800, 0.000,
    0.400, 2.500, 0.808, 0.000, 0.000, 2.000, 0.000, 0.000

    point.2= 1.000, -1.400, 3.200, -4.100, 2000.000, 2.000, 0.800, 0.000, 0.400,
    2.500, 0.808, 0.000, 0.000, 3.000, 0.000, 0.000

    point.3= 2.000, 1.100, -12.500, 0.000, 787.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000,
    0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 5.000, 0.000, 0.000

    point.4= 2.000, 1.100, 12.500, 0.000, 787.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000,
    0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 6.000, 0.000, 0.000

    point.5= 2.000, -11.000, 0.000, 4.600, 787.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000,
    0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 9.000, 0.000, 0.000

    point.6= 2.000, 5.220, 0.000, -3.000, 787.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000,
    0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 4.000, 0.000, 0.000

    static_pitch = 2.000

    static_cg_height = 3.200

    tailwheel_lock = 0 //1

    [GeneralEngineData]

    engine_type = 0

    Engine.0 = 5.500, 0.000, -0.100

    fuel_flow_scalar = 1.000

    min_throttle_limit = 0.0

    [piston_engine]

    power_scalar =1.000

    cylinder_displacement= 90.250

    compression_ratio= 8.700

    number_of_cylinders= 4

    number_of_magnetos=2

    max_rated_rpm = 2700.000

    max_rated_hp = 200.000

    fuel_metering_type= 0

    cooling_type = 0

    normalized_starter_torque= 0.050

    turbocharged = 0

    max_design_mp = 0.000

    min_design_mp = 0.000

    Critical_altitude = 0.000

    emergency_boost_type= 0

    emergency_boost_mp_offset= 0.000

    emergency_boost_gain_offset= 0.000

    fuel_air_auto_mixture= 0

    auto_ignition= 0

    max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar =1.000

    idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar=1.000

    max_rpm_friction_scalar =1.000

    idle_rpm_friction_scalar=1.000

    [propeller] // HC-C2YK-4CF\/FC7666A-2 74" [-4:72"] 61.5 lb

    thrust_scalar =1.000

    propeller_type= 0

    propeller_diameter= 6.170

    propeller_blades = 2

    propeller_moi = 2.400

    beta_max = 36.000

    beta_min = 15.000

    min_gov_rpm = 1800.000

    prop_tc = 0.004

    gear_reduction_ratio= 1.000

    fixed_pitch_beta = 24.000

    low_speed_theory_limit= 80.000

    prop_sync_available = 0

    prop_deice_available= 0

    prop_feathering_available= 0

    prop_auto_feathering_available= 0

    min_rpm_for_feather= 0.000

    beta_feather = 0.000

    power_absorbed_cf = 0.000

    defeathering_accumulators_available= 0

    prop_reverse_available= 0.000

    minimum_on_ground_beta= 0.000

    minimum_reverse_beta = 0.000

    number_of_propellers = 1

    //CLalpha ~ 6.28 5.68/6.68 [6/7.25]= 5.34[5.20], IDK = 1/6.28*AR*e ~ 0.0374
    (4896)

    //q*CL = W/S; For W=1500, S=110, TAS=160kts,q=86.6, CL=W/qS = 13.6/q = 0.157

    //CL=(alpha-alpha_o)*5.34=0.157; alpha-alpha_o = 0.0301 @ 160 kts

    //for alpha=0.0 @ 169 kts, alpha_o=-0.0293(-1.68deg)[-0.0301,-1.726d];
    CLo=0.0301*5.20=0.1566

    //CL@0.1745=(0.1745+0.0293)*5.34=1.089[1.064];
    CL@0.25=(0.25+0.0301)*5.20=1.4565

    //CL@-0.2151=-0.1850*5.20=-0.9618

    [airplane_geometry]

    ;length: 20.33, height: 7.83 ft

    wing_area = 110.000

    wing_span = 25.000

    wing_root_chord = 4.400

    wing_dihedral = 3.500

    wing_incidence = 0.000

    wing_twist = 0.000

    oswald_efficiency_factor= 0.700

    wing_winglets_flag = 0

    wing_sweep = 0.000

    wing_pos_apex_lon = 1.100

    wing_pos_apex_vert = -0.950

    htail_area = 28.000

    htail_span = 10.500

    htail_pos_lon = -13.100

    htail_pos_vert = 0.000

    htail_incidence = 0.000

    htail_sweep = 10.000

    vtail_area = 15.000

    vtail_span = 4.400

    vtail_sweep = 20.000

    vtail_pos_lon = -14.300

    vtail_pos_vert = 1.500

    elevator_area = 10.000

    aileron_area = 18.400

    rudder_area = 7.000

    elevator_up_limit = 26.000

    elevator_down_limit = 26.000

    aileron_up_limit = 30.000

    aileron_down_limit = 30.000

    rudder_limit = 30.000

    elevator_trim_limit = 15.000

    spoiler_limit = 0.000

    spoilerons_available = 0

    aileron_to_spoileron_gain= 0.000

    min_ailerons_for_spoilerons= 0.000

    min_flaps_for_spoilerons = 0.000

    aileron_to_rudder_scale = 0.0 //new

    [Reference Speeds]

    flaps_up_stall_speed = 55.000

    full_flaps_stall_speed = 50.000

    cruise_speed = 180.000

    max_indicated_speed = 200.0 //189 IAS Vne~200

    [stall_warning]

    type=2

    [LIGHTS]

    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

    light.0 = 2, 0.818, -11.892, 0.035, fx_strobe

    light.1 = 2, 0.818, 11.889, 0.035, fx_strobe

    light.2 = 4, -2.000, 0.018, 2.500, FFSvclight

    light.3 = 3, 1.118, -11.792, 0.040, fx_navred

    light.4 = 3, 1.118, 11.792, 0.040, fx_navgre

    [keyboard_response]

    elevator = 140, 240

    aileron = 200, 1000

    rudder = 200, 1000

    [direction_indicators]

    direction_indicator.0=1,0

    [attitude_indicators]

    attitude_indicator.0 = 1

    [turn_indicators]

    turn_indicator.0=1,0

    [airspeed_indicators]

    airspeed_indicator.0= 1.0571, -5.0

    ;airspeed_indicator.0=1.0, -5.0 //add -6 kt offset //0.9826, 0.0

    [electrical]

    max_battery_voltage = 12.6 //25.2

    generator_alternator_voltage = 14.25 //28.5

    max_generator_alternator_amps = 35.0 //20.0

    avionics_bus = 0, 5 , 9.5

    avionics = 1, 4 , 9.5

    additional_system = 0, 1 , 8.5

    marker_beacon = 1, 0 , 9.0

    fuel_pump = 0, 4 , 9.0

    pitot_heat = 0, 5 , 9.0

    [Radios]

    Audio.1 = 1

    Com.1 = 1, 1

    Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1

    Adf.1 = 1

    Transponder.1 = 1

    Marker.1 = 1

    [brakes]

    parking_brake = 1

    toe_brakes_scale = 0.6

    differential_braking_scale = 2.0

    [hydraulic_system]

    normal_pressure = 0.0

    [EFFECTS]

    wake=fx_wake

    water=fx_spray

    dirt=fx_tchdrt

    concrete=fx_sparks

    touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1

    startup=fx_ffs_engstrt_vans

    [flight_tuning]

    cruise_lift_scalar =1.000

    parasite_drag_scalar =1.000

    induced_drag_scalar =1.000

    elevator_effectiveness =1.000

    aileron_effectiveness =1.301

    rudder_effectiveness =1.000

    pitch_stability =1.000

    roll_stability =1.000

    yaw_stability =1.000

    elevator_trim_effectiveness =1.000

    aileron_trim_effectiveness =1.000

    rudder_trim_effectiveness =1.000

    p_factor_on_yaw = 1.0 //0.5

    torque_on_roll = 1.0 //higher ?

    gyro_precession_on_roll= 1.0

    gyro_precession_on_yaw = 1.0

    hi_alpha_on_roll =-0.2 ;1.0

    hi_alpha_on_yaw = 1.0

    [autopilot]

    autopilot_available= 1 //0 |for testing

    flight_director_available= 1

    default_vertical_speed = 1000 //700

    autothrottle_available = 1 // | for testing

    pitch_takeoff_ga = 8.0

    max_pitch=20.0 //10.00

    max_pitch_acceleration = 4.0 //2.0

    max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=8.0 //4.000000

    max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=4.0 //1.500000

    max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=10000

    max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=18000

    max_bank=35.0

    max_bank_acceleration=8.0 //3.8

    max_bank_velocity=12.0 //6.0

    max_throttle_rate=0.2 //0.5

    nav_proportional_control=9.000000

    nav_integrator_control=0.250000

    nav_derivative_control=0.000000

    nav_integrator_boundary=2.500000

    nav_derivative_boundary=0.000000

    gs_proportional_control=9.520000

    gs_integrator_control=0.260000

    gs_derivative_control=0.000000

    gs_integrator_boundary=0.700000

    gs_derivative_boundary=0.000000

    yaw_damper_gain=0.0

    autothrottle_arming_required=0

    autothrottle_takeoff_ga=0

    autothrottle_max_rpm=105

    use_no_default_pitch = 1

    use_no_default_bank = 1

    default_pitch_mode=0

    default_bank_mode=0

    [forcefeedback]

    ground_bumps_magnitude1=3000 ; 0 - 10000 //Left the same as the Extra (no
    real world data) (FM)

    ground_bumps_angle1=8900 ; 0 - 35999 degrees //Left the same as the Extra
    (no real world data) (FM)

    ground_bumps_intercept1=4.0

    ground_bumps_slope1=0.25

    ground_bumps_magnitude2=350 ; 0 - 10000 //Left the same as the Extra (no
    real world data) (FM)

    ground_bumps_angle2=9100 ; 0 - 35999 degrees //Left the same as the Extra
    (no real world data) (FM)

    ground_bumps_intercept2=0.075

    ground_bumps_slope2=0.7

    crash_magnitude1=10000 ; 0 - 10000 //Left the same as the Extra (no real
    world data) (FM)

    crash_direction1=01000 ; 0 - 35999 degrees //Left the same as the Extra (no
    real world data) (FM)

    crash_magnitude2=10000 ; 0 - 10000 //Left the same as the Extra (no real
    world data) (FM)

    crash_direction2=9000 ; 0 - 35999 degrees //Left the same as the Extra (no
    real world data) (FM)

    crash_period2=75000 ; in microseconds //Left the same as the Extra (no real
    world data) (FM)

    crash_duration2=2500000 ; in microseconds //Left the same as the Extra (no
    real world data) (FM)

    [Flaps.0]

    type= 1

    span-outboard= 0.500

    extending-time= 4.000

    system_type= 0

    damaging-speed= 140.000

    blowout-speed= 175.000

    lift_scalar= 0.000

    drag_scalar= 0.000

    pitch_scalar= 0.000

    flaps-position.0= 0.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.1= 10.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.2= 20.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.3= 30.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.4= 40.000, 0.000

    [Flaps.1]

    type= 1

    span-outboard= 0.500

    extending-time= 4.000

    system_type= 0

    damaging-speed= 140.000

    blowout-speed= 175.000

    lift_scalar= 1.000

    drag_scalar= 0.000

    pitch_scalar= 1.000

    flaps-position.0= 0.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.1= 13.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.2= 25.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.3= 34.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.4= 40.000, 0.000

    [Flaps.2]

    type= 1

    span-outboard= 0.500

    extending-time= 4.000

    system_type= 0

    damaging-speed= 140.000

    blowout-speed= 175.000

    lift_scalar= 0.000

    drag_scalar= 1.000

    pitch_scalar= 0.000

    flaps-position.0= 0.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.1= 8.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.2= 17.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.3= 28.000, 0.000

    flaps-position.4= 40.000, 0.000

    > "Mr. Steve"
    >> I recently bought a Vans RV7/7A. Taxiing is a real b!)#( cause it
    >> doesn't
    >> turn worth a hoot.
    >
    > If you will cut and paste the text of its aircraft.cfg file here I can
    > look
    > at it and see if the nose wheel steering is fixable.
    >
    > Dallas

    "Dallas"
    > If you will cut and paste the text of its aircraft.cfg file here I can
    look
    > at it and see if the nose wheel steering is fixable.

    That should read "copy" and paste...

    Dallas

    "Mr. Steve"
    > Tom Young says that's the way it's supposed to be but I'd still be
    > interested in making it connected to the rudder.

    Ok... we can do that.

    1) Backup aircraft.cfg.

    2) Open aircraft.cfg.

    3) Search for this:

    point.0= 1.000, 4.025, 0.000, -4.000, 1400.000, 0.000, 0.300, 180.000,
    0.300, 1.500, 0.800, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

    4) Replace it with this:

    point.0= 1.000, 4.025, 0.000, -4.000, 1400.000, 0.000, 0.300, 45.000, 0.300,
    1.500, 0.800, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

    (note this is one line, if your news reader cuts it into 2, make it one
    again)

    5) Save and try it out.

    Dallas

    Thanks Dallas. I'll tryer out and let you know

    Mr. Steve

    > "Mr. Steve"
    >> Tom Young says that's the way it's supposed to be but I'd still be
    >> interested in making it connected to the rudder.
    >
    > Ok... we can do that.
    >
    > 1) Backup aircraft.cfg.
    >
    > 2) Open aircraft.cfg.
    >
    > 3) Search for this:
    >
    > point.0= 1.000, 4.025, 0.000, -4.000, 1400.000, 0.000, 0.300, 180.000,
    > 0.300, 1.500, 0.800, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
    >

    > 4) Replace it with this:
    >

    > point.0= 1.000, 4.025, 0.000, -4.000, 1400.000, 0.000, 0.300, 45.000,
    > 0.300,
    > 1.500, 0.800, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
    >

    > (note this is one line, if your news reader cuts it into 2, make it one
    > again)
    >

    > 5) Save and try it out.
    >

    > Dallas

Games Microsoft Video Games