Buying foreign (chinese) components?

electric_frog

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
I am looking to upgrade my mobo, cpu, ram and graphics card and noticed that I am able to buy all of these part at a big discount from a chinese online store. One of the problems I can foresee in buying these parts is that they are all produced for chinese consumers, therefore all the manuals will be in chinese (though possibly in english also). To be honest, this wouldn't put me off buying them as I can download the necessary manuals from the manufacturers websites if needed. The main problem I am deliberating about is whether or not the BIOS will be in chinese or english and whether or not it can be changed to english if it is indeed in chinese. If anyone has any advice on any of the abovementioned it would be greatly appreciated. :)

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Maybe you could post a link ? I mean it wouldnt be spamming as your not going to say "they rock everyone buy from them" your asking if they are any good :) As with any online ordering I would be aware of the companies reputation try searching on google if anyone else who is english speaking has bought from them and how they liked or did not like the products. Personaly im always a little leary of buying stuff from China its not that the quality is not good its just that the drivers tend to be sub par and updates are nearly non existant (had some experience with cheapy sound cards and some modems made in China)