Mystery mobo help

KO

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2004
Anyone know where I can get more information about my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-8i915PM)?

It’s not listed on the gigabyte website (likely because it came with my Fujitsu Siemens scaleo P). I’m hoping I might be able flash the bios and open up a few overclocking tweaks. Processor is a P4 630. FS website no help ... no suprise there.

Suggestions?

KO

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2004
thanks for the reply bees; much apreciated.

CPU-Z says the board is a GA-8i915PM-FS, board is actually marked without the "FS". I think I'll hold off on guessing if the Packard "sunshine" bios will help. I figure Parckard won't be any more interested in users overclocking their machines then Fujitsu is.

Adware Software International Inc. apparently wrote the BIOS for this board. They don’t list the board on their site either, but even if they did, its $29 for an update.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've taken apart Gigabyte BIOS for Fujitsu Seimens and looked it over, trying to add overclocking options to a similar but slightly older board. It turns out the BIOS chip was too small to contain the added files, retail BIOS was twice as large as OEM BIOS and so was the BIOS chip.