ACT NAMES

I was woundering if some one out there would know how to change the
Airline call sign> like JET BLUE 232 ect. When I go into the ( ATC
NAMES ) then to call sign, all I can change is the defalts?

Im just sick of being call Airwave, Sore ect...

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Edit Voice Pack. Works a trick

Alex
"dohallo" <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
>I was woundering if some one out there would know how to change the
> Airline call sign> like JET BLUE 232 ect. When I go into the ( ATC
> NAMES ) then to call sign, all I can change is the defalts?
>
> Im just sick of being call Airwave, Sore ect...
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Dennis

sorry what's Voice Pack. i'm pretty new at this.

sorry what's Voice Pack. i'm pretty new at this.

"dohallo" <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
>I was woundering if some one out there would know how to change the
> Airline call sign> like JET BLUE 232 ect. When I go into the ( ATC
> NAMES ) then to call sign, all I can change is the defalts?...

Go into your aircraft folder (/Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft) and open a file
called "airlines.cfg" with notepad. Listed there in alphabetical order are
the airline names that are available to be selected in the Call Sign menu.
Insert "Jet Blue" in the right place by alphabetical order. Now when you
start FS and go to the Call Sign menu, Jet Blue should be there.

Note that this only works for the airlines that were included by MS. Not
all airlines are included, but many are. For airlines not included you
would have to download a program called Edit Voice Pack.

-Gary Letona

Thank you Gary that work out great, it even worked with my adons

dohallo <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote:

> like JET BLUE 232 ect. When I go into the ( ATC
> NAMES ) then to call sign, all I can change is the defalts?

Go to the {FS Home Folder}\Aircraft folder and open the airlines.cfg file
with a standard text editor. These are the callsigns you can in the ATC
value without having changing the sounds file using EditVoicePack.

Be sure to use the name as the ATC value exactly how it is spelled in the
airlines.cfg file. BTW, not all airlines are called by their airline name.
For example, British Airways is called "Speed Bird," which incidentally is
one of the delivered names you can use.

--
Peter

Beech45Whiskey <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote:

> dohallo <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote:
>
>> like JET BLUE 232 ect. When I go into the ( ATC
>> NAMES ) then to call sign, all I can change is the defalts?
>
> Go to the {FS Home Folder}\Aircraft folder and open the airlines.cfg file
> with a standard text editor. These are the callsigns you can in the ATC
> value without having changing the sounds file using EditVoicePack.
>
> Be sure to use the name as the ATC value exactly how it is spelled in the
> airlines.cfg file. BTW, not all airlines are called by their airline name.
> For example, British Airways is called "Speed Bird," which incidentally is
> one of the delivered names you can use.

Sorry for replying to an older thread when I thought it was a new one. For
some reason, threads dated about June 25th onward keep re-appearing in my
newsreader and for this one, I didn't see the date of the post until it was
too late.

--
Peter