EPSON C82 latest driver?

Properties shows my C82 as having software version '5.43'. If I go to
EPSON support site and look for driver downloads, I see '5.4d'. Is
that a later version? Is it worth downloading please? I'm trying to
get rid of 'patchy' text every 13-15 lines, without necessarily
dismantling anything. So far automatic and manual cleaning hasn't had
any permanent significant improvement.

Finally, if I do install that new driver epson277eu.exe (5.20 MB
(5,455,360 bytes; but misleadingly shown on my PC as created 20th Jan
2005), do I just execute it, installing over the present one? Or do I
have to uninstall all the software I loaded originally from the CD?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:41:03 +0000, Terry Pinnell
<terrypinDELETE@THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote:

>Properties shows my C82 as having software version '5.43'. If I go to
>EPSON support site and look for driver downloads, I see '5.4d'. Is
>that a later version? Is it worth downloading please? I'm trying to
>get rid of 'patchy' text every 13-15 lines, without necessarily
>dismantling anything. So far automatic and manual cleaning hasn't had
>any permanent significant improvement.
>
>Finally, if I do install that new driver epson277eu.exe (5.20 MB
>(5,455,360 bytes; but misleadingly shown on my PC as created 20th Jan
>2005), do I just execute it, installing over the present one? Or do I
>have to uninstall all the software I loaded originally from the CD?

Just click on the file, it will install everything automatically.

TRENDING THREADS