This stricks me as strange

On June 8th a man from Louisiana purchased a Zenith 701 on Harsens
Island, MI and was flying home. He had been in the air about an hour,
he said, and was at about 2,000 feet, heading west, when the propeller
blades snapped off.
http://www.hometownlife.com/Redford/News.asp?pageType=Story&StoryID=110706&Section=Main%20News&OnlineSection=Main%20News&SectionPubDate=6/16/2005&RefDate=6/16/2005

On June 24th a helicopter crashes in Clay township, St Clair County. MI
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/4649630/detail.html

On June 26 crashes in Lake Huron, Just North of The St Clair River.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/4653323/detail.html

Here are three mishaps in a month in a small area. A little Michigan
description. Harsens Island sits where the St Clair River meets Lake St
Clair. This river runs along side St Clair County.

I don't know if it's because I'm into simming or what. In all my 62
years I don't remember three crashes in such a short time in a close
space. I agree it could have happened some place that I didn't hear about.

Mike

Mike wrote:

> Here are three mishaps in a month in a small area.

A new Bermuda Triangle, perhaps? :)

Seriously, all of these accidents seem completely unrelated in their
cause, unless they all happened to have their maintenance done at the
same shop. Recall the two helicopter accidents that resulted in two
helicopters crashing into the Hudson River just west of Manhattan (New
York City) within a week of each other, just a few weeks ago.

It is possible, albeit remote, to flip a coin 100 times and have 100
heads show up. ;-)

--
Peter

Mike,
A fourth: on June 11th two Utah men stalled and crashed a newly
purchased Cessna 310C during takeoff from Macomb Airport. Both recieved
burns from the fire, which totaled the plane.

Cheers,
Bruce F

To reply, get rid of SNOWMOBILES and UNLEASHEDDOGS

Beech45Whiskey wrote:
> Recall the two helicopter accidents that resulted in two
> helicopters crashing into the Hudson River just west of Manhattan (New
> York City) within a week of each other, just a few weeks ago.

Ah my wife was right, don't let her know:) She said it probably happens
a lot and we just don't hear of it.

dallas

"mike wheelock"
> He had been in the air about an hour,
> he said, and was at about 2,000 feet, heading west, when the propeller
> blades snapped off.

How ticked off would you be if you just spent $75,0000 and within one hour
your airplane has to make a forced landing.

The same thing happened to me with a boat... I had it out on it's second
trip and let an idiot friend drive it. He thought that catching air on some
really big waves was a good idea and broke the transom in half. We had to
drive it through a large marina at 30 mph and run it clean up onto the beach
and out of the water. It looked just like something out of a James Bond
movie.

The look on the faces of the people at the boat ramp was priceless. :)

Dallas