Minimum power suply to X1900XTX?

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Power
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 6, 2006 6:22:28 PM

I´m planning to buy a X1900XTX, but i saw that the recommended power suply is 450W. My power suply is exactly 450W. So i wounder if thats enough?

Other PC parts:
* Intel Pentium 4 3,2 Ghz
* 2 DVD Burners
* 1 Harddrive

That should be about... 150W so 300W left.
Is 450W enough?

(I´m sorry if my english is bad..)

More about : minimum power suply x1900xtx

April 6, 2006 6:53:43 PM

It should be fine.
April 6, 2006 7:22:07 PM

had an Antec 450w tru power, didnt work.
I would go for at least a 500watt psu. 550watt psu to be safe. The Antec NeoHe 550watt is a tough psu. I can handle just about NE thing thats power hungry.
1gb Kingston hyper X pc 4000
X-fi Xtreme Music

Better be safe than sorry :wink:
Related resources
April 8, 2006 7:06:03 PM

I would reccommend a 550W power supply at the least....my friend's 500W power supply burnt out on his X1900XTX after like 4 days.Here's a good power supply, the one my friend bought
April 8, 2006 7:38:16 PM

I Agree With Vegeta , 550 Watt Is Better For Your System Safety :twisted:
April 9, 2006 11:33:05 AM

Well, the thing is that my power suply is some special model . :( 
Dells own :? (I have Dell XPS) so i don´t think i can just buy a power suply and change it.
But you thing it should be fine with just 450W? Or will i risk it all to burn up?
April 9, 2006 12:50:06 PM

Make sure the power supply is a decent make like Antec, Tagan, Hiper, etc, so even if its a 450W power supply, it would be able to handle the system. Here's a good way to find out whether your PSU will handle it or not
April 9, 2006 1:16:33 PM

Quote:
Dells own :? (I have Dell XPS) so i don´t think i can just buy a power suply and change it.
But you thing it should be fine with just 450W? Or will i risk it all to burn up?

If the warranty is up, or you don't care about voiding it, get a new case and an Antec TPII550.
April 9, 2006 2:41:07 PM

Quote:
Make sure the power supply is a decent make like Antec, Tagan, Hiper, etc, so even if its a 450W power supply, it would be able to handle the system. Here's a good way to find out whether your PSU will handle it or not

I have tried it and the result is:

Your Recommended PSU Wattage: * 380W :D 
April 9, 2006 3:11:08 PM

Quote:

I have tried it and the result is:

Your Recommended PSU Wattage: * 380W :D 

So there's plenty of headroom between actual system power usuage and the power supply rating... I'd say go for it. The ATI recommended power supply rating is there to give an idea what power supply you should have, taking into consideration the possible power consumption of an overclocked cpu and any extra's like fans and other components.
April 10, 2006 2:31:18 AM

Quote:

You're right: Dell's PSU's and mobos are proprietary, meaning that you won't be able to easily use 3rd-party components. If you ever want to upgrade your PSU, you don't have many options. There's only one that I know of: PC Power and Cooling. You can buy direct from their website, though I have seen a few on sale through other vendors.

Be warned: PCP&C PSU's are probably some of the most expensive PSU's on the consumer-level market, but they're also cosidered one of the best PSU manufacturers. They have a list of Dell PC's and compatible PSU's, but the list might be slightly outdated (the XPS PC's were paired with PSU's lower than your current PSU). You should probably call them to see what they recommened.
April 10, 2006 5:32:40 AM

Thanks for your help everybody! :D 
I´m gonna buy it soon...!
April 10, 2006 6:43:04 AM

I'm using a 450w with my X1900xtx, and it's been running perfectly.
April 11, 2006 12:55:06 AM

I've been running an a1900xtx for abour 4 weeks on an Enermax 460 watt PSU with no problems.
!