iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S Among Least Toxic Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
oooohhh... It's still toxic to an extent and it's not like i'm eating my smartphone. Everyone knows you have to recycle your old electronics equipment. Next!

G

yeah, doesn't include the factories in china's toxic waste.

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
Why is this listed as an iPhone centered article?
36 phones was tested, and iPhone wasn't #1, and even was the worst..yet ALL 3 phones mentioned in the title and header was all one brand.
the idea of 36 phones was tested, and 8% of them was iPhone so base the article topic around it seems strange.

Why not just make the topic more blatantly obvious for its intent:
"iPhones was tested for toxicity levels..results inside (oh and 32 other random phones, if anyone would care about them)

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
So instead of saying "Motorola Citrus, Least Toxic Smartohone", the author of the story had to turn this into an Apple advertisement, which virtually ignores the actual winner.

[citation][nom]dxwarlock[/nom]Why is this listed as an iPhone centered article? 36 phones was tested, and iPhone wasn't #1, and even was the worst..yet ALL 3 phones mentioned in the title and header was all one brand.the idea of 36 phones was tested, and 8% of them was iPhone so base the article topic around it seems strange.Why not just make the topic more blatantly obvious for its intent:"iPhones was tested for toxicity levels..results inside (oh and 32 other random phones, if anyone would care about them)[/citation]
It's called Bait-and-switch.
If they had the Citrus and the Remarq in the tittle we will never have been caught reading this article.
I didn't even know that there was a phone called Citrus :eek:

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]It's called Bait-and-switch.If they had the Citrus and the Remarq in the tittle we will never have been caught reading this article.I didn't even know that there was a phone called Citrus[/citation]
Not if it said "Motorola Citrus and LG Remarq Smartphones Are Less Toxic than iPhone 5."

BoredErica

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Until I decide to lick the insides of an Iphone, this doesn't concern me. Of course, why the hell would I be holding an Iphone in the first place?

The gm wheat and Corn from Monsanto is much more toxic than these phones but people eat the gm gunk anyway without knowing it. Dump the wheat you will dump the weight. Dump the Monsanto corn and your chances of getting cancer drop dramatically. Monsanto = Deadly Foods

Monsanto's Soy is also extremely toxic and along with their Corn also causes fertility problems in live stock and people.

wlachan

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I am afraid the issue is far more complicated than that. The manufacturing processes produce huge amount of toxic byproducts too. What you see inside any products is only a fracture of the problems.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Prey[/nom]I'm guessing this doesn't count the workers that threw themselves off a building.[/citation]
Or the amount of waste generated to produce the phone!!!

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]The gm wheat and Corn from Monsanto is much more toxic than these phones but people eat the gm gunk anyway without knowing it. Dump the wheat you will dump the weight. Dump the Monsanto corn and your chances of getting cancer drop dramatically. Monsanto = Deadly Foods Monsanto's Soy is also extremely toxic and along with their Corn also causes fertility problems in live stock and people.[/citation]
I normally don't help posts like this survive, but this is important. Seed's aren't the only thing this company produces, its true intent is death,and it has been trying to find a way to put that into the world food supply for nearly 50 years. Thanks to deregulation it has finally succeeded. This is the company that brought you DDT and Agent Orange (now considered chemical weapons) and sold them as pesticides. Now it controls the flow of seeds for the worlds food supply. This company's food products have been banned from 27 countries for causing obesity, cancer and sterility. Please educate yourself on this if you haven't already.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
yeah, doesn't include the factories in china's toxic waste.
You have no idea what's made in China do you? That TV you watch, that phone you put to your head, radio and just about all that plastic junk around your house.

Major customers of Foxconn:

Acer Inc.
Amazon.com
Apple Inc.
Cisco
Dell
Hewlett-Packard
Intel
Microsoft
Motorola
Nintendo
Nokia
Sony
Toshiba
Vizio

gfair

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
The difference between the Motorola and the iPhone is tiny, that's why it's not worth pointing out an absolute winner. They are both just as toxic for all practical purposes. If the Moto scored under 2.0, that would be a significant difference.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]okibrian[/nom]You have no idea what's made in China do you? That TV you watch, that phone you put to your head, radio and just about all that plastic junk around your house.Major customers of Foxconn:Acer Inc.Amazon.comApple Inc.CiscoDellHewlett-PackardIntelMicrosoftMotorolaNintendoNokiaSonyToshibaVizio[/citation]
how is that a counter argument to the post you quoted?

i'll answer that for you, it's NOT
red herring always = fail

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Well, you can certainly say one thing about the Galaxy S (Captivate) in comparison to the iPhone 3G/3GS... it didn't copy the quantity of toxic chemicals. :p

(well, there's plenty it didn't copy, but that's water under the bridge now)

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
The LG Remarq was and still is a damn good phone. Should never has stopped making it. I know plenty of people who would have gone with an upgraded newer Remarq that just has a better camera and a little better battery life.

They just don't make good feature phones anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.