Dual channel memory not working with 4200x2???

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
The cpu works fine if I use a single channel memory setup but if I try dual channel I get all sorts of error beeps, any ideas??
rhanks
Frank

You don't really get to "choose" whether you run DC or SC, apart from physical location of the RAM...change the RAM around and see what happens.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

imperfectcircle25

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
You can choose, you have to choose a specific two slots to use dual channel, usually the first and third or first and second slot. Is it possible that the memory controller on the cpu can be bad?? Ive treid another cpu and the memory works fine, only with this cpu do I have the problem.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
You can choose, you have to choose a specific two slots to use dual channel, usually the first and third or first and second slot. Is it possible that the memory controller on the cpu can be bad?? Ive treid another cpu and the memory works fine, only with this cpu do I have the problem.

ReRead my post:

"You don't really get to "choose" whether you run DC or SC, apart from physical location of the RAM"

Could be motherboard, unless you tried a diff CPU in there. Could be a bad CPU, yes, could also be drivers or Windows.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time