Don't ever play PlaneScape Torment!

G

Don't play this game!!! I went NUTS after it! It's like after watching movie "The Cube" (if anybody saw it)

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
What are you talking about this is the most awesome game in years. The story in this game could easily have been a book. I absolutely loved this game!!

Planescape should be a standard from which other RPG's are built from!

If you take a truth and follow it blindly, it will become a Falsehood and you a Fanatic.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Planescape was pretty bad-ass. I never finished it because it required WAYYY too much reading for me at the time. I think I will go back though, because my friend said the ending is the best ending to a game hes ever seen. The only thing thats frustrating is the lack of classes available (as per D&D system).

<A HREF="http://synthetic.bsd-fan.com/pika.swf" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>

G

No the game is awesome! But I don't get the ending! He found his death...and he takes this huge weapon and goes to fight....I didn't read that much, but is it this bloody war?? Can you explain me? I saw this ending and in 5 minutes I was drooling (I couldn't understand the ending), my vaine almost pupped up!Explain, please!

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
There are a couple of different endings.

Yes he dies, after that he goes to the plains to fight the Demon war you heard about through the entire game. I never played the game a second time through to try and get a different ending. (I loved that game but it is damn long!)

If you take a truth and follow it blindly, it will become a Falsehood and you a Fanatic.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
*Whew*

Sounds pretty intense if your vaine is pupping up. I'd put some ice on it, quick!
I've been messing around with icewind dale and baldur's gate 2. How does planetscape compare with those two? Is it worth the money, now that i've played the newer releases? I like icewind a little better than BG2's storyline, but BG2 is far more indepth (which makes up for the main storyline).

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
if you like icewind dale over bg2, then planescape will definitely not be your game. think of reading a novel based mostly on dialouge, with a few puzzles and fight scenes and youve got planescape. its not as long as bg2, but i think its longer than icewind. actually a lot of bg2 features came out of planescape, like noting maps, journal, etc.

<A HREF="http://synthetic.bsd-fan.com/pika.swf" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>