Colleges with Programs for Computer Engineering?

Grinch123456

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Does anyone know any colleges with good programs for Computer Engineering, preferably in Nj, and even more preferably in the US? I would like to start looking for such colleges (because I would like to be a computer engineer), but I haven't even a clue on where to start.
Thanks in advance everyone.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
MIT, RIT, Cornel, most Community Colleges, infact almost every shool has one... but the best are MIT, Cornel and the University of California... Both MIT and Cornel are relatively close to you, and both that are VERY hard to get into... If you are extremely smart, and have really great resources to prove this, then you should try to goto these collages.

RIT is a great school, and has lower standards for entering the collage then allot of them... RIT is held and recognized as a very high quality school. If you get denied for enrolement to RIT, and you got what it takes... move to Rochester, and take some classes as a non-reticulated (sorry for spelling) student... After a few classes (one semester) if you pull good grades, you will get in as a full time student.

I failing out of my first school (Marist Collage) due to allot of parties. I came home before the semester ended, and started taking classes like I mentioned above. I then applied, mentioning the classes I took, and I was given full time student status (and financial aid). I ended up leaving RIT with a 4 year degree in MIS at a 3.0 average. I have NO problem getting a job in my field. In fact, I havent sent out my resume in 2 years, and I still get weekly calls for interviews.

RIT has lower entry standard, but bewarned they quickly weed out the weak links. They seem too fill the ranks then empty out the bad ones. There is ALLOT of work to be done, and not much time to live a social life... especially during the week.

I had classmates that came from all over the country to go to RIT. Many of them performed well at their colleges, and wanted to switch in order to get into a more esteemed school. They all said that the work required was CRAZY compaired to their old school.

As far as MIT... It would be impossible to find a single computer product that was not in someway related to the school. It is the TOP school hands down... In fact, MIT created HTML, Bill Gates, and so many other things it would be impossible for me to list them all... They created the World Wide Web, as it is today.

Grinch123456

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Wow, but, I have no social life to begin with (I'm on this forum, right?), so, hey, not a big deal, and organized, and used with large work loads. Thanks alot for the advice. I'll be sure to check those schools out. Thanks.