Your question

can't logon

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computer
  • Windows XP
Last response: in CPUs
April 6, 2006 11:12:46 PM

my friend cant logon to his computer...hes tried every password, the caps lock isnt on, he has XP pro and no password will work...he closed the computer for a minute then opened it up and the password didnt work...nobody changed the password because he was there the whole time...do you guys know of like a button combination that creates a guest or admin acct and lets you logon to change the password so it works?

More about : logon

April 6, 2006 11:14:46 PM

Quote:
my friend cant logon to his computer...hes tried every password, the caps lock isnt on, he has XP pro and no password will work...he closed the computer for a minute then opened it up and the password didnt work...nobody changed the password because he was there the whole time...do you guys know of like a button combination that creates a guest or admin acct and lets you logon to change the password so it works?

You sure he didn't just forget his password? :oops: 

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
April 6, 2006 11:20:13 PM

What odd things to find in the CPU section :lol: 
Related resources
April 6, 2006 11:23:21 PM

Quote:
What odd things to find in the CPU section :lol: 

Yes, next time we'll be helping a guy find his kitty kat he lost, lol.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
April 6, 2006 11:23:28 PM

WRONG FRIKIN SECTION

Go to Software -----------> Windows XP
April 6, 2006 11:44:06 PM

The simplest way to fix a forgoten password is; restart go to safemode and log in as administrator (I hope he hasn't put a password on it too!) and go to control panel, users and remove his password, done. Restart and there will be No password on his user.
April 6, 2006 11:49:32 PM

I think he said XP pro.

He just needs to long on the administrator account, don't think he needs to boot in safe mode.
!