Unknown object in drum unit DR-6000 in Brother HL-1250

Hi,
I'm trying to fix my Brother HL-1250. The problem is that tonner remains
on a drum, so probably it's being caused by electric charge which isn't
reduced on the drum. I have checked resistence of circuit attached to
cleaning brush and I have found that circuit is broken.
So I have a question. Does anyone know what kind of part is in the unit
drum DR-6000?
I have made two photos to show it:
http://wpietruszkiewicz.strony.wi.ps.pl/brother/part_1.jpg
http://wpietruszkiewicz.strony.wi.ps.pl/brother/part_2.jpg

Is it a resistor or capacitor? I've tried to measure its resistance and
capacity but multimeter didn't show any value (so I guess that is a
break in the ciruit).
Is it possible to replace this part using any kind of resistor/capacitor
available in the shops?

Thanks in advance,
Wiesiek

Here's an educated guess (I haven't worked with these printers).

1: if indeed this part is "open" it may be a fuse or fusible link, or a
resistor of some sort which has been intentionally blown because the
drum has reached a "magic number". Some printer companies (and I am not
suggested Brother did this) "fail" their components (toner cartridges,
drums, etc. after they reach a certain number of copies.

A second cause of ghosting is if the physical wiper blade has moved, or
warn and is no longer contacting the drum to scrape off the excess
toner. This is a silicone blade usually with a sharp edge which removes
and discards the excess toner not transferred to the paper.

If the copies are too light, one of the Corona wires may be dirty
damaged or broken and not allowing proper charge on the paper, so the
toner on the drum is transferring to the paper properly.

There are a number of websites that discuss the process of electrostatic
printing and will help with troubleshooting.

Art

Wieslaw wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to fix my Brother HL-1250. The problem is that tonner remains
> on a drum, so probably it's being caused by electric charge which isn't
> reduced on the drum. I have checked resistence of circuit attached to
> cleaning brush and I have found that circuit is broken.
> So I have a question. Does anyone know what kind of part is in the unit
> drum DR-6000?
> I have made two photos to show it:
> http://wpietruszkiewicz.strony.wi.ps.pl/brother/part_1.jpg
> http://wpietruszkiewicz.strony.wi.ps.pl/brother/part_2.jpg
>
> Is it a resistor or capacitor? I've tried to measure its resistance and
> capacity but multimeter didn't show any value (so I guess that is a
> break in the ciruit).
> Is it possible to replace this part using any kind of resistor/capacitor
> available in the shops?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Wiesiek

TRENDING THREADS