MikeJF

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
Finished building my PC, I turn it on and..... nothing, I'm getting zero power, everything is connected, but no power, the motherboard is properly connected, the power supply as far as I know is good, with my luck it's something completely stupid like not properly connecting power switch wires... but besides that can any of you think of any other reason?

I'm running a Gigabyte K8NF-9 mobo, 1 gig of ram, 6800' nivida and a amd 64 3700+, with a ATX power unit of 400.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Finished building my PC, I turn it on and..... nothing, I'm getting zero power, everything is connected, but no power, the motherboard is properly connected, the power supply as far as I know is good, with my luck it's something completely stupid like not properly connecting power switch wires... but besides that can any of you think of any other reason?

I'm running a Gigabyte K8NF-9 mobo, 1 gig of ram, 6800' nivida and a amd 64 3700+, with a ATX power unit of 400.

1) Motherboard is being shorted due to improperly installed standoffs
2) You in fact installed the power switch wires over the wrong pins or backwards
3) Bad PSU/Cord
4) Do the fans spin at all? Is there a green light on the motherboard?
5) Missing 4 pin connector from PSU to motherboard

thats all i can think of on the top of my head

MikeJF

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
20 pin, 4 pin both connected, the MB light is off, as far as I know(no idea where it is) and the fan does not spin, the power switch after futher looking is properly connected, power to power reset to reset etc, only thing I can think of is the power supply, is there any way to test it besides hooking it up to another computer?