john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Greetings all:

We are operating a Call Center and most of the agents working in their
office or at home are behind broadband connections behind firewall and/or
NAT.

I've worked with them and sometimes, if I tell them to go into their
routers and turn on the uPnP (Universal Plug and Play) feature AND
on WindowsXP, add the uPnP compoment, it works through the NAT. The
problem is, they don't all use the same router or they don't all have
XP.

Is there a "magic box" that I can put on the customer site
that will help with the NAT traversal? we're doing SIP and
delivering the voice traffic via VOIP.

Thank you,

John.

Hello,

> Is there a "magic box" that I can put on the customer site
> that will help with the NAT traversal? we're doing SIP and
> delivering the voice traffic via VOIP.
One of the "generic" solutions, which will work with almost any symmetric
NAT and SIP UA is the RTP proxy. There is one developed by Porta Software
(www.portaone.com) for IPTEL's SER, supplied with the PortaSIP product. It
is publicly available under the GPL
http://www.portaone.com/resources/downloads/index.html so if you are using
SER, you can build it into your own solution.

WBR, Andrew
--
Andrew Zhilenko
Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,