Really stupid question!

September 8, 2004 3:24:29 PM

I cannot figure out how to reinstate the toolbar where
you type in the web address you wish to go to such as
www.google.ie. Have checked all the toolbar and explorer
bar settings and customise options and cannot put back
on...?

anyone know as am lost without it!

More about : stupid question

September 8, 2004 3:57:07 PM

"newuser!!" wrote:

> I cannot figure out how to reinstate the toolbar where
> you type in the web address you wish to go to such as
> www.google.ie. Have checked all the toolbar and explorer
> bar settings and customise options and cannot put back
> on...?
>
> anyone know as am lost without it!

in ie, under view>toolbars click on address bar
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 4:05:03 PM

If you mean that you are missing the address bar then simply right click on
the tool bar at the top of your open IE and then put a check mark beside
address bar by clicking on it. If on the other hand it is there and you
cannot see a complete line to type in a URL (Universal Resource Locater)
otherwise known as an address but can see the word address then you need to
place your cursor on what looks to be a raised line just to the right of the
word address and left click and hold the button down and then drag the cursor
to the left to open the address line. If that doesn't work then try here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 245 right side. Post back
if you need more help.
September 8, 2004 5:09:05 PM

Hi, appreciate your help, have the address bar there but without URL line,
there is no riased line and will not allow me to drag over from word address
on far right hand side. Had a look at link you provided but cant seem to find
how to restore URL line to address toolbar....any further ideas??

thanks

"The Unknown P" wrote:

> If you mean that you are missing the address bar then simply right click on
> the tool bar at the top of your open IE and then put a check mark beside
> address bar by clicking on it. If on the other hand it is there and you
> cannot see a complete line to type in a URL (Universal Resource Locater)
> otherwise known as an address but can see the word address then you need to
> place your cursor on what looks to be a raised line just to the right of the
> word address and left click and hold the button down and then drag the cursor
> to the left to open the address line. If that doesn't work then try here:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 245 right side. Post back
> if you need more help.

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 6:21:47 PM

Try hitting the F11 key on your keyboard and see if that resolves the issue.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"new user" <new user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, appreciate your help, have the address bar there but without URL line,
> there is no riased line and will not allow me to drag over from word
> address
> on far right hand side. Had a look at link you provided but cant seem to
> find
> how to restore URL line to address toolbar....any further ideas??
>
> thanks
>
> "The Unknown P" wrote:
>
>> If you mean that you are missing the address bar then simply right click
>> on
>> the tool bar at the top of your open IE and then put a check mark beside
>> address bar by clicking on it. If on the other hand it is there and you
>> cannot see a complete line to type in a URL (Universal Resource Locater)
>> otherwise known as an address but can see the word address then you need
>> place your cursor on what looks to be a raised line just to the right of
>> the
>> word address and left click and hold the button down and then drag the
>> cursor
>> to the left to open the address line. If that doesn't work then try here:
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 245 right side. Post
>> back
>> if you need more help.

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 6:37:03 PM

Have you ever heard of a "comma"? Try using it to make your "run together
verbage" easier to read.

Did you ever get to sixth grade?

"The Unknown P" wrote:

> If you mean that you are missing the address bar then simply right click on
> the tool bar at the top of your open IE and then put a check mark beside
> address bar by clicking on it. If on the other hand it is there and you
> cannot see a complete line to type in a URL (Universal Resource Locater)
> otherwise known as an address but can see the word address then you need to
> place your cursor on what looks to be a raised line just to the right of the
> word address and left click and hold the button down and then drag the cursor
> to the left to open the address line. If that doesn't work then try here:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 245 right side. Post back
> if you need more help.

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 9:28:39 PM

View/toolbar/address bar

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"newuser!!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot figure out how to reinstate the toolbar where
> you type in the web address you wish to go to such as
> www.google.ie. Have checked all the toolbar and explorer
> bar settings and customise options and cannot put back
> on...?
>
> anyone know as am lost without it!
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 10:51:04 PM

LOL LOL. You really are a putz. Not only does spelling not matter a great
deal to me nor does adding the comas or colons or semi colons or whatever
makes you tick. I am rather pleased that you spend so much time reading my
posts. Thanks. Now if you could only learn to help instead of criticize you
would take a big jump on the evolutionary scale. Oh by the way. Verbage is
mispelled it's verbiage. LOL LOL {]:~)
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 10:57:06 PM

I am not sure exactly what you mean. If you have the word Address in the tool
bar, at the top, then the blank line, usually to the right of it, is also
there. If you are unable to move the raised line to open the URL line, as you
call it, then most likely you have the address bar locked. Right click
directly on the word address and then uncheck the "lock the toolbars" option
that shows there. {]:~)
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 1:23:39 AM

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:09:05 -0700, new user wrote:

> Hi, appreciate your help, have the address bar there but without URL line,
> there is no riased line and will not allow me to drag over from word address
> on far right hand side. Had a look at link you provided but cant seem to find
> how to restore URL line to address toolbar....any further ideas??

Right click the IE toolbar area and click to remove the check next to "Lock
Toolbar." Then resize or move your Address bar so that the text box is
visble and usable.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

thats it sorted....really appreciate your help urban p and for not maing me
feel to dim! the addrfess bar was locked in toolbars and then was able to
drag open with mouse. was wrecking my head so thanks a million and that fool
who criticises would want to cop on! Thanks all!!

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> View/toolbar/address bar
>
> --
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
>

> "newuser!!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cannot figure out how to reinstate the toolbar where
> > you type in the web address you wish to go to such as
> > www.google.ie. Have checked all the toolbar and explorer
> > bar settings and customise options and cannot put back
> > on...?
> >
> > anyone know as am lost without it!

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 8:52:42 PM

You're welcome! (-:

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

> thats it sorted....really appreciate your help urban p and for not maing
> me
> feel to dim! the addrfess bar was locked in toolbars and then was able to
> drag open with mouse. was wrecking my head so thanks a million and that
> fool
> who criticises would want to cop on! Thanks all!!
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> View/toolbar/address bar
>>
>> --
>> Regards:
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
>>

>> "newuser!!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I cannot figure out how to reinstate the toolbar where
>> > you type in the web address you wish to go to such as
>> > www.google.ie. Have checked all the toolbar and explorer
>> > bar settings and customise options and cannot put back
>> > on...?
>> >
>> > anyone know as am lost without it!

July 14, 2012 8:11:39 PM

Hi I too am suffering from the missing address bar and I do understand what you mean by enabling it by checking it. I also understand the process of unlocking the tool bar then dragging the addresss bar into view with the twin arrows. However right clicking shows the word "address bar "as already checked, and the " lock tool bars " command is already unchecked.
Yet despite this the word address is not visible (save by right clicking) nor does dragging the vertical raised line when the twin arrows appear open the url window. Can you help?
I do think that the person who badmouthed the other questionees english was out of line, you can make a point about clarity in writing being heplful without being so vitriolic.
all the badmouth approach does is to alienate.
thank you all for any help you can give
!