Help with Level-D 767

jk

Hi.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial on setting up and flying flight
plans with the FMC in the LD 767?

The manual covers the autopilot and FMC extensively, but it doesn't
really go into much detail on how they integrate. If anyone knows a
good tutorial anywhere, I'd appreciate it.

You can find this tutorial in the File Library at www.avsim.com :
(file name is lds1tut.zip.) It is complete enough to get you flying using
the FMC with all the basics.

File Description:
Level-D Simulations Beta Team presents VERSION 2 of a step-by-step tutorial
flight for Level-D's 767-300ER. Developed for the novice and intermediate
simmer, climb aboard the 763 for a 2 hour flight from Vancouver to San
Francisco. This Tutorial includes: Pre-Flight, Flight Deck Prep., FMC
Programming, Engine Start, Taxi, Take-off, Initial Climb & Cruise, Descent,
Approach, Landing, Taxi, Shutdown, Beta-bums Bonus Pages, Checklist, Flight
Plan, Charts and MORE.

The FMC is a highly complex device and a full tutorial is beyond the
scope of any of the developers. For the 747/767/777 the best available guide
is the Bulfer/Gifford "Big Boeing FMC Users Guide" available from
www.fmcguide.com .

"JK" <no@way.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Does anyone know of a good tutorial on setting up and flying flight
> plans with the FMC in the LD 767?
>
> The manual covers the autopilot and FMC extensively, but it doesn't
> really go into much detail on how they integrate. If anyone knows a
> good tutorial anywhere, I'd appreciate it.

jk

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:33:45 -0400, "Trip Lane" <Trip@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks, Trip. Very helpful.

> You can find this tutorial in the File Library at www.avsim.com :
>(file name is lds1tut.zip.) It is complete enough to get you flying using
>the FMC with all the basics.
>
>File Description:
>Level-D Simulations Beta Team presents VERSION 2 of a step-by-step tutorial
>flight for Level-D's 767-300ER. Developed for the novice and intermediate
>simmer, climb aboard the 763 for a 2 hour flight from Vancouver to San
>Francisco. This Tutorial includes: Pre-Flight, Flight Deck Prep., FMC
>Programming, Engine Start, Taxi, Take-off, Initial Climb & Cruise, Descent,
>Approach, Landing, Taxi, Shutdown, Beta-bums Bonus Pages, Checklist, Flight
>Plan, Charts and MORE.
>
> The FMC is a highly complex device and a full tutorial is beyond the
>scope of any of the developers. For the 747/767/777 the best available guide
>is the Bulfer/Gifford "Big Boeing FMC Users Guide" available from
>www.fmcguide.com .
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>"JK" <no@way.com> wrote in message
>> Hi.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a good tutorial on setting up and flying flight
>> plans with the FMC in the LD 767?
>>
>> The manual covers the autopilot and FMC extensively, but it doesn't
>> really go into much detail on how they integrate. If anyone knows a
>> good tutorial anywhere, I'd appreciate it.

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Now download and fly tutorials 2 and 3, which go into VNAV in a lot
more detail - that seems to be what most people have trouble with :)

Gary