safely remove hardware

September 8, 2004 3:37:14 PM

I have an icon in my notification area marked "safely remove hardware." This
is annoying as there is no hardware I need to remove. How can I get rid of it?

More about : safely remove hardware

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 3:57:30 PM

Stop the program from starting first. go>start\run and type in msconfig and
then click the startup tab and then uncheck the program that is placing the
icon in your system tray. Then once you have found what the program is then
go into it's configuration settings and uncheck any "start when windows
starts" type options. If it is a program you don't want or need then find out
what it's called and delete it. When the icon is in the system tray then
right clicking on it usually opens the GUI (Graphic User Interface) for
configuration. Post back if you still need help. {]:~)
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 6:13:57 PM

You can't remove it, but you can hide it. Right click in the taskbar; then
Properties, check 'Hide inactive Icons' then click the "Customize" button,
and next to Safely Remove Hardware there is drop down. Choose 'Always Hide'

I believe this appears anytime you have USB devices attached.

!