Boeing 747 in FS2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to do an IFR flight into Heathrow but am not sure how to get
established on the glideslope. I am using the autopilot and have got the APR
button pressed but are there other things I need to do? How do I know when
the plane is established? Also, what does it mean when ATC say "expect
vectors to....." how do I know I have the vectors and what do I do to
activate these?

Sorry if these questions sound a bit dim but I'm confused!!

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about boeing fs2004

    Hi

    There is a good tutorial on flightsim.com here
    http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?VIW3W00D=main/howto/qsg737.htm which
    although based on the 737 will teach you most of what you need to know about
    IFR.

    It won't answer your second question though, I would try some landing's
    without ATC first, the above tutorial does not use ATC.

    HTH
    Steve

    "Wavy" <wavy.gravy1@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to do an IFR flight into Heathrow but am not sure how to get
    > established on the glideslope. I am using the autopilot and have got the
    > APR button pressed but are there other things I need to do? How do I know
    > when the plane is established? Also, what does it mean when ATC say
    > "expect vectors to....." how do I know I have the vectors and what do I do
    > to activate these?
    >
    > Sorry if these questions sound a bit dim but I'm confused!!
    >
    > Thanks.

Games Microsoft Video Games