Boeing 747 in FS2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to do an IFR flight into Heathrow but am not sure how to get
established on the glideslope. I am using the autopilot and have got the APR
button pressed but are there other things I need to do? How do I know when
the plane is established? Also, what does it mean when ATC say "expect
vectors to....." how do I know I have the vectors and what do I do to
activate these?

Sorry if these questions sound a bit dim but I'm confused!!

Thanks.

stevej

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

Hi

There is a good tutorial on flightsim.com here
http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?VIW3W00D=main/howto/qsg737.htm which
although based on the 737 will teach you most of what you need to know about
IFR.

It won't answer your second question though, I would try some landing's
without ATC first, the above tutorial does not use ATC.

HTH
Steve