PMDG planes

Hi..

What is the most difficult part about learning how to operate PMDG planes.
I´m especially interested in 737??

Learning the cold and dark startup procedures ....

"Erik Selde" <erik.selde@mail.dk> wrote in message
> Hi..
>
> What is the most difficult part about learning how to operate PMDG planes.
> I´m especially interested in 737??

Erik,

At first the Flight Management Computer (FMC) can seem daunting but once you
get into it you will find it's quite understandable. The cold and dark start
procedure can fox you at first but once you've learned what to do it's easy.
We PMDG users are probably amongst the very few non-pilots who could go into
a real 737NG cockpit when it's cold and dark, power it up and get the
engines running! Now there's a skill worth having! <g> :0))

Iain

"Iain Smith" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> schreef in bericht
> We PMDG users are probably amongst the very few non-pilots who could go
into
> a real 737NG cockpit when it's cold and dark, power it up and get the
> engines running!

I wonder:
Am I the only one who has a dream every now and then about a real-life
flight during which the most serious problems occur (say both pilots are
having heart attacks:)) and the crew asks me if I volunteer to safely land
the plane. Of course I say yes and land the plane (hopefully a 737) the way
a pilot should and I step outside and people and press are applauding and I
become famous!

Ehh...did I mention this was just a dream?:))

dallas

"Henk"
> Am I the only one who has a dream every now and then about a real-life
> flight during which both pilots are having heart attacks

No, I'd say you are in the majority.

Dallas

Dallas wrote:
> "Henk"
>
>>Am I the only one who has a dream every now and then about a real-life
>>flight during which both pilots are having heart attacks
>

> No, I'd say you are in the majority.
>

> Dallas

I also always wondering if they would give me my pilot license as a
reward for safely landing the plane.

"Henk" <henk@lkjdfksdj.com> wrote in message
> I wonder:
> Am I the only one who has a dream every now and then about a real-life
> flight during which the most serious problems occur (say both pilots are
> having heart attacks:)) and the crew asks me if I volunteer to safely
> land
> the plane. Of course I say yes and land the plane (hopefully a 737) the
> way
> a pilot should and I step outside and people and press are applauding and
> become famous!
>
> Ehh...did I mention this was just a dream?:))

I think that's a large step away from just powering up and starting the
engines! :0))

Iain

David

A lifetime of free unlimited flights for reward would do me.

"JP Jehu" <jpjehu@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
>> "Henk"
>>
>>>Am I the only one who has a dream every now and then about a real-life
>>>flight during which both pilots are having heart attacks
>>

>> No, I'd say you are in the majority.
>>

>> Dallas
>>

> I also always wondering if they would give me my pilot license as a reward
> for safely landing the plane.

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

you guys seen "Executive Decision" with Kurt Russell?
Have a look at the last 10 minutes of that film.

"David" <drdavid32@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>A lifetime of free unlimited flights for reward would do me.
>

> "JP Jehu" <jpjehu@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> Dallas wrote:
>>> "Henk"

>>> No, I'd say you are in the majority.
>>>

>>> Dallas
>>>

>> I also always wondering if they would give me my pilot license as a
>> reward for safely landing the plane.

dallas

"Goran"
> you guys seen "Executive Decision" with Kurt Russell?
> Have a look at the last 10 minutes of that film.

All of the "passengers land the plane" movies came from the original, Zero
Hour - 1957. The movie Airplane! was a spoof of this movie even using the
passenger's name, Lt.Ted Stryker.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051221/

Movies that followed:

Terror in The Sky - 1971 TV movie

Airport '75 - light plane crashes into 747 cockpit

Airplane! - pilots eat the bad fish course

Soul Plane - pilots eat a bad plate of beef stroganoff

Dallas

dallas

"Goran"
> you guys seen "Executive Decision" with Kurt Russell?
> Have a look at the last 10 minutes of that film.

I found one reference to an actual event that inspired all the "passenger
lands plane" movies:

To my knowledge this situation happened only once in civil aviation history,
back in the '50's when both pilots of an airliner in Canada suffered a very
serious case of food poisoning that rendered both of them unconscious at
cruise altitude. Fortunately there was a physician aboard... and a very
nervous former WWII fighter pilot who nevertheless managed to land the plane
on a runway.

I have not been able to confirm any of this.

Dallas

Dallas <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

> I found one reference to an actual event that inspired all the "passenger
> lands plane" movies:

This just happened a few times recently, but the aircraft in these
incidents were a bit smaller.

Pilot has a heart attack:
http://www.avweb.com/newswire/11_19a/leadnews/189717-1.html

Pilot was shot! :
http://www.avweb.com/newswire/11_19a/leadnews/189718-1.html

Another pilot has a heart attack (reported in a subsequent article):
http://www.avweb.com/newswire/10_33b/leadnews/187913-1.html

--
Peter

JP Jehu <jpjehu@rogers.com> wrote:

> I also always wondering if they would give me my pilot license as a
> reward for safely landing the plane.

Ummm... no! For your sake and the sake of your future passengers, lets
hope they give you *flight training through the certificate*, not just a
certificate, okay??? ;-)

--
Peter