AMD's FAB 30 "WORKS AT 150%" CAPACITY

face-profile.jpg

joset

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
Nope, I think they only reduced latencies
Except there's no real data(memory) involved in those machines hence they wouldn't have latency. :p (and latency doesn't affect as much as Hz does anyway)

Rate of production can be measured in Hz so overclocking suits better. :wink:

No latency?! Well, then they might overclock until we see wafers woooshing by over our heads! Nice...

joset

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
Of course, we cannot go into the whole yield problem, since AMD is being very tight-lipped about the actual yields, just like every other player in this particular branch of the manufacturing business. But 30,000 wafer starts a month is something you can see only on a small hill next to Dresden in Germany.
As in the Fab itself or a pile of dead wafers? :lol:

Nope, they're munching'em. That's why they're tight-lipped... :wink:

7H4_D00D3

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
nope, there is a latency period when pieces go from line to line and are organized and tested for final shipping (which is ANOTHER latency xD)

joset

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
nope, there is a latency period when pieces go from line to line and are organized and tested for final shipping (which is ANOTHER latency xD)

And yet...

- "Woooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

- "Wha'was tha'?!"

- "Nothin', really... ... ... ... ... ... just a few hundred 90nm SoI engineered dies in a 200mm AMD FAB 30 wafer, shootin' by..."

- "Owh! Daaamn!... ... ... ... ... ... for a moment, ... ... ...I thought 't was Chartered's 65nm 300mm..."

-"Naaah... later man... ... ... ... ... much later..."

Edit: In a more slow mood...

7H4_D00D3

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005

And yet...

- "Wooosh!

- "Wha'was that?!"

- "Nothing, really... just a few hundred 90nm SoI engineered dies in a 200mm AMD FAB 30 wafer, shooting by..."

- "Oh! Damn!... ...for a moment, I thought it was Chartered's 65nm 300mm..."

-"Naaah... later... ... much later..."

LOL!