MOBO: SOCKET AM2
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
RAM: FUTURE DDR2 MEMORY
PSU: Tagan TG580-U22 580W 2Force SLi
DVD: NEC ND-4550ABK DVD±RW Black
FLOPPY: Mitsumi 7 in 1 Internal Media and Floppy Drive Black
HDD: Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD OR HIBRID HARD DRIVE
GRAPHICS: DX10 SUPPORT,GDDR4 AND WITH AT LEAST 512MB

So should i wait for the future pc or just go and buy the current pc? I have no problem waiting and the money is not a problem.

p.s. If intel new cpu's are better than amd new cpu's then i will buy intel cpu

I'll "dispose" of your old computer for free. I think you'd be wasting your money to even think of replacing your currenty comptuer. However, you seem to be cutting edge and spends lots of money. In terms of your future PC, it seems pretty cool and fast. I don't know if you'll see a huge increase in speed though. . .

cooler_power

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
I'll "dispose" of your old computer for free. I think you'd be wasting your money to even think of replacing your currenty comptuer. However, you seem to be cutting edge and spends lots of money. In terms of your future PC, it seems pretty cool and fast. I don't know if you'll see a huge increase in speed though. . .

You forgot to read this:
"So should i wait for the future pc or just go and buy the current pc? I have no problem waiting and the money is not a problem."

You forgot to read this:
"So should i wait for the future pc or just go and buy the current pc? I have no problem waiting and the money is not a problem."

You are correct.

This poses a good question. AM2 will have more upgrade options than Socket 939 and June is fast approaching. . .

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
well if you dont mind waiting I would wait. But I mean if you want it know get it. There is going to be a speed increase but I mean they come out with faster stuff every 5 seconds so It depends if you want to play games now or later. I always like now.

TheMaster

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Wait for conroe it should really bring down the prices and you'll be able to get a lot more for your money.

You know you want a pentium M... they kick ass. :twisted:

TheMaster

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Conroe will be a dual core chip, Kentsfield is the quad core.
But kentsfield is further off, we're talking 2007.

Desktops: Presler, a chip out of the Pentium 4 line, will appear in the first half of 2006, while Conroe will follow in the second half. Two PC platforms, or blueprints, are being prepped for Conroe: Averill, for corporate computers, and Bridge Creek, for home computers.

My guess is sometime this summer/fall.

BTW what's your current computer?

cooler_power

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Conroe will be a dual core chip, Kentsfield is the quad core.
But kentsfield is further off, we're talking 2007.

Desktops: Presler, a chip out of the Pentium 4 line, will appear in the first half of 2006, while Conroe will follow in the second half. Two PC platforms, or blueprints, are being prepped for Conroe: Averill, for corporate computers, and Bridge Creek, for home computers.

My guess is sometime this summer/fall.

BTW what's your current computer?

mobo: ecs p4s5a/dx+ (DDR333,AGP 4X,FSB533)
cpu: p4 2GHz northwood
ram: 512MB DDR400 (2.5-3-3-7-11 @ 166MHz)
hdd: seagate 7200rpm 160GB
graphics: Asus radeon 9600XT 128MB GDDR1

my pc is dead. i can make some good upgrades but i think it's only waste of money..

cooler_power

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
One last question:

When does nvidia and ati plans to release dx10 cards? As i know dx10 is ready and it comes with vista beta.

I am planing to build my new pc in summer (august or september) so i need to know if ati and nvidia will release something new with dx10 support when the new athlons x2 will be out

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I would go with the current pc as dx10 is not supported by any os except windows vista which will come out at a fairly high price.also,as with any new technology,it always better to wait till all the bugs have been worked out.

ActiveMatx

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Get a new pc now. You won't get a DX10 card until vista is released, and your goign to be waiting a long time. Besides, your going to spend more when the computer comes out because it will be cutting edge.

Socket 939 at its current state has all the kinks worked out already, and is in good shape. Your current computer will be no slouch compared to the other. You can always buy a new video card when they are relased. Get it now, and play games now.

cooler_power

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
some people said to me that i should wait to build my new pc at the q1 of the 2007 when the quad cores will be out. Is this true or just bullshit? I think quad cores are going to be released after q3 of 2007.

p.s. I don't want to build a new pc in summer and after some months hear that quad cores are out in stores :!:

cooler_power

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
If you have infinite amounts of money, what do you care for the opinions of us mere mortals?

I don't have infinite amounts of money but i want to build a pc that it will play games well for 2 years with only changing graphics cards and ram. Thats why i want to know if quad core are going to be released in q1 2007.

To be honest i am afraid that when quad cores comes out and games support them then dual cores will be like what p4 2GHz now is.

I need some advices about how the near future will be like...

sorry for my english i hope you understand what i am trying to say...

david_uk

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
if you are looking for a complete system that will support dx10 games then that will not happen until next year (when vista is released). am2 technology will not prove to be a huge improvement over current technology, but amd 65nm processors will be (also available next year). perhaps that is also when quad-core processors will become available?

baddog1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Intel Conroe will be qual core or dual core?

Oh sure. Quad core Intel inside. Probable recommended minimum power supply 2 kilowatt, with 14 fans and a phase change cooling unit. They'll insist it get it's own circuit breaker line.

I've had 10 Intel cpu's and 5 AMD's, and the AMD's kick Intel's butt sideways. And so far they've way outlived the Intels, oc'd or not. And they use less power and run cooler. Dell sucks, and they use Intel only. 'Nuff said.

cooler_power

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Most important question for Vista and dual core:

This question is for those who have an amd x2 4600+ or 4800+ or fx60 cpu.

When you play a game like battlefield2 in windows vista beta how much cpu usage do you get from task manager :?: :?: :?:

I am asking this because with a p4 3.2GHz HT,corsair 2GB 3500llpro and asus x800xt we tried to play battlefield2 in windows vista and the result was full cpu usage and 1.8GB PF Usage.

is there any big diference with dual cores???

cooler_power

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Microsoft says that dual cores will be the best choice for vista but who trust mirosoft?? I really need to know from you (people with dual core cpu) what is your conclusions about vista and dual core cpus

If someone have a dual core cpu and vista runing please reply..

TRENDING THREADS