ASUS vs DFI

Lockey

Distinguished
May 28, 2005
Quick question as i'm ordering my mobo soon (monday).

I got an Oppy with a lovely stepping, planning to OC the hell out of it.

Was originaly going to use a ASUS SLI mobo because of the simplicity of it.

I've heard that the DFI ones are far better at OCing.

Anyone got any imput on which would be best? Or is the differance negligable?

Cheers in Adv.

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Go DFI. if you got the money get a DFI Lan Party NF4 SLI-Dr eXpert.
Great oc capabilities, and extremely stable. A Powerful mobo. I personally own one and it kick ass, You also get better performance than asus. Remember, DFI's are for gamers.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I had a DFI Lan Party UT NF4 Ultra that I lost do to an electrical surge and on a pres for time had to get this mobo, but for its time I loved my DFI. It ran warm, but was able to handle it perfectly. If you know how to work all of your different voltages and timings with the ram well, then this is the mobo for you, or any DFI for that matter. Many people consider them an xpert mobo so if you know what you are doing then go with DFI (IMO). I hear many asus boards OC very good as well, I have seen an ASUS mobo smoke before so I do not use them, but I have a friend that loves his...(I AM NOT BASHING ASUS) Just lettin you know why I dont have or have ever used one.

Sry, I went on a rave and went away from question...I was able to get my 3700+ Sandy to 2.8ghz with the cooler you see below and arctic silver 5 thermal compound! So it OC'd quite well!!!

Best,

3Ball

Antec NeoHE 550w PS
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro
AMD Athlon 3700+ Sandy - 2.28ghz - "Arctic Freezer 64"
2gb (2x1gb) Patriot Performance Memory (2.5-3-3-5) 415mhz
ATI Original X1900XTX 512mb
(2x120gb WD SATA HD's) - Raid 0
Mobo limiting OC!!!

Covered_in_bees

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I personally have the Asus A8N32-SLi, and it's an excellent overclocker.

The DFI is the board of choice for most 'professional' overclockers. I've heard that they do require a decent level of knowledge to configure. I've also heard they can be a bit fussy with some hardware configurations, and may require some tweaking to get working well. Saying that, they are probably considered the best for overclocking.

TRENDING THREADS