  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 29, 2005 10:52:33 AM

Folks,
I did this list on my own. Most of the data is from FS9 itself. The
Tibet airports are add on sceneries.

IACO code CITY country elv. runway surface
SPRF San Rafael Peru 14,422 8,760 dirt
ZUBD Changdu Bangda Tibet 14,219 18,045
SLLP La Paz Bolivia 13,313 13,116
SPNP Puno Peru 13,123 7,546 turf
SPIY Yauri Peru 12,795 8,202
SLCC Copacbanca Bolivia 12,591 5,249
SPJL Juliaca Peru 12,545 13,780
SCKP Copasa Chile 12,467 10,500
SLLJ Laja Bolivia 12,106 4,921 dirt
ZULS Lhasa Tibet 11,621 13,123
SPHY Andahuaylas Peru 11,299 8,202
SPJJ Jauja Peru 10,988 9,416
VILH Leh India 10,682 9,434
VI1E Thoise India 10,498 10,030
KLXV Leadville Colorado 9,927 6,306
77CO Jefferson Colorado 9,878 3,100 grass
2C09 Como Colorado 9,599 4,500 gravel
CO95 Telluride Colorado 9,580 4,000
VNLK Lukla Nepal 9,101 1,616 grass
KTEX Telluride Colorado 9,078 6,878

Please volunteer any airports you find that are higher. I can't find
much about the real world SPRF San Rafael Peru. ZUBD is a real
commercial airport (as is La Paz Bolivia). They both have ILS runways.
While Leadville Colorado is the highest in North America, Telluride is
the highest commercial airport.
Notice the short runway for VNLK Lukla Nepal (1,616 ft). This is a
sloped "ski jump" runway. Photos are on Airlines.Net.
For helcopters, the summit of Mt Everest has now been landed on
twice by an AS 350, Everest is something like 29,040 ft.

Cheers,
Bruce F

More about : world highest airports

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:00:47 PM

Bruce Freeburger wrote:
> Folks,
> I did this list on my own. Most of the data is from FS9 itself. The
> Tibet airports are add on sceneries.
>
> IACO code CITY country elv. runway surface
> SPRF San Rafael Peru 14,422 8,760 dirt
> ZUBD Changdu Bangda Tibet 14,219 18,045
> SLLP La Paz Bolivia 13,313 13,116
> SPNP Puno Peru 13,123 7,546 turf
> SPIY Yauri Peru 12,795 8,202
> SLCC Copacbanca Bolivia 12,591 5,249
> SPJL Juliaca Peru 12,545 13,780
> SCKP Copasa Chile 12,467 10,500
> SLLJ Laja Bolivia 12,106 4,921 dirt
> ZULS Lhasa Tibet 11,621 13,123
> SPHY Andahuaylas Peru 11,299 8,202
> SPJJ Jauja Peru 10,988 9,416
> VILH Leh India 10,682 9,434
> VI1E Thoise India 10,498 10,030
> KLXV Leadville Colorado 9,927 6,306
> 77CO Jefferson Colorado 9,878 3,100 grass
> 2C09 Como Colorado 9,599 4,500 gravel
> CO95 Telluride Colorado 9,580 4,000
> VNLK Lukla Nepal 9,101 1,616 grass
> KTEX Telluride Colorado 9,078 6,878
>
> Please volunteer any airports you find that are higher. I can't find
> much about the real world SPRF San Rafael Peru. ZUBD is a real
> commercial airport (as is La Paz Bolivia). They both have ILS runways.
> While Leadville Colorado is the highest in North America, Telluride is
> the highest commercial airport.
> Notice the short runway for VNLK Lukla Nepal (1,616 ft). This is a
> sloped "ski jump" runway. Photos are on Airlines.Net.
> For helcopters, the summit of Mt Everest has now been landed on
> twice by an AS 350, Everest is something like 29,040 ft.
>
> Cheers,
> Bruce F

El Dorado airport Bogota, Colombia is over 8000 ft and a very interesting
high plain, even in FS2004's default scenery.

--
Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk
June 29, 2005 4:24:44 PM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:00:47 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following:

>Bruce Freeburger wrote:
>> Folks,
>> I did this list on my own. Most of the data is from FS9 itself.
>> The Tibet airports are add on sceneries.
>>
>> IACO code CITY country elv. runway surface
>> SPRF San Rafael Peru 14,422 8,760 dirt
>> ZUBD Changdu Bangda Tibet 14,219 18,045
>> SLLP La Paz Bolivia 13,313 13,116
>> SPNP Puno Peru 13,123 7,546 turf
>> SPIY Yauri Peru 12,795 8,202
>> SLCC Copacbanca Bolivia 12,591 5,249
>> SPJL Juliaca Peru 12,545 13,780
>> SCKP Copasa Chile 12,467 10,500
>> SLLJ Laja Bolivia 12,106 4,921 dirt
>> ZULS Lhasa Tibet 11,621 13,123
>> SPHY Andahuaylas Peru 11,299 8,202
>> SPJJ Jauja Peru 10,988 9,416
>> VILH Leh India 10,682 9,434
>> VI1E Thoise India 10,498 10,030
>> KLXV Leadville Colorado 9,927 6,306
>> 77CO Jefferson Colorado 9,878 3,100 grass
>> 2C09 Como Colorado 9,599 4,500 gravel
>> CO95 Telluride Colorado 9,580 4,000
>> VNLK Lukla Nepal 9,101 1,616 grass
>> KTEX Telluride Colorado 9,078 6,878
>>
>> Please volunteer any airports you find that are higher. I can't find
>> much about the real world SPRF San Rafael Peru. ZUBD is a real
>> commercial airport (as is La Paz Bolivia). They both have ILS runways.
>> While Leadville Colorado is the highest in North America, Telluride is
>> the highest commercial airport.
>> Notice the short runway for VNLK Lukla Nepal (1,616 ft). This is a
>> sloped "ski jump" runway. Photos are on Airlines.Net.
>> For helcopters, the summit of Mt Everest has now been landed on
>> twice by an AS 350, Everest is something like 29,040 ft.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Bruce F
>

>El Dorado airport Bogota, Colombia is over 8000 ft and a very interesting
>high plain, even in FS2004's default scenery.

both Mexico City and Bogota are hi-Alt airports. If you want to test
your jet Engines (AIR file) for accuracy.. then load up with fuel and
Pax.. and take off from MMMX and see why the runways are so long!!

The Emery 721 had ~40,000 lbs fuel (to make Bogota) and 24,000 lbs
cargo.. with GTW ~150,000 lbs. Used up lots of runway with greatly
reduced climbout performance.. but made FL310 after a while.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/MX_to_Bogota.gif (38k)

Question..

how to get 96F temp at MMMX? If ones sets 96F at Sea Level.. then
at field Alt.. the temp is much lower.. as if it were in `thin air' ?

-Gregory
June 29, 2005 8:55:31 PM

Bruce Freeburger wrote:
> Folks,
> I did this list on my own. Most of the data is from FS9 itself. The
> Tibet airports are add on sceneries.
>
> IACO code CITY country elv. runway surface
> SPRF San Rafael Peru 14,422 8,760 dirt
> ZUBD Changdu Bangda Tibet 14,219 18,045
> SLLP La Paz Bolivia 13,313 13,116
> SPNP Puno Peru 13,123 7,546 turf
> SPIY Yauri Peru 12,795 8,202
> SLCC Copacbanca Bolivia 12,591 5,249
> SPJL Juliaca Peru 12,545 13,780
> SCKP Copasa Chile 12,467 10,500
> SLLJ Laja Bolivia 12,106 4,921 dirt
> ZULS Lhasa Tibet 11,621 13,123
> SPHY Andahuaylas Peru 11,299 8,202
> SPJJ Jauja Peru 10,988 9,416
> VILH Leh India 10,682 9,434
> VI1E Thoise India 10,498 10,030
> KLXV Leadville Colorado 9,927 6,306
> 77CO Jefferson Colorado 9,878 3,100 grass
> 2C09 Como Colorado 9,599 4,500 gravel
> CO95 Telluride Colorado 9,580 4,000
> VNLK Lukla Nepal 9,101 1,616 grass
> KTEX Telluride Colorado 9,078 6,878
>
> Please volunteer any airports you find that are higher. I can't find
> much about the real world SPRF San Rafael Peru. ZUBD is a real
> commercial airport (as is La Paz Bolivia). They both have ILS runways.
> While Leadville Colorado is the highest in North America, Telluride is
> the highest commercial airport.
> Notice the short runway for VNLK Lukla Nepal (1,616 ft). This is a
> sloped "ski jump" runway. Photos are on Airlines.Net.
> For helcopters, the summit of Mt Everest has now been landed on twice
> by an AS 350, Everest is something like 29,040 ft.
>
> Cheers,
> Bruce F

Excellent, this has helped me no end. I was just typing Banga and
expecting to find the airport. I have now installed Tibet_95 and ZUBD,
ZULS.

cheers

Paul
June 30, 2005 3:07:48 PM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:24:44 -0400, Gregory incorrectly brought up:

>>El Dorado airport Bogota, Colombia is over 8000 ft and a very
>>interesting high plain, even in FS2004's default scenery.

Quillage.. Here are the field data ( EL )

depart_name = Lic Benito Juarez Intl
depart_id = MMMX, N19* 26.12', W99* 4.33', +007339.24

destin_name = Eldorado Intl
destin_id = SKBO, N4* 42.19', W74* 8.31', +008359.58

>both Mexico City and Bogota are hi-Alt airports. If you want to test
>your jet Engines (AIR file) for accuracy.. then load up with fuel and
>Pax.. and take off from MMMX and see why the runways are so long!!

With field OAT set 94F.. type B721 takeoff is barely possible!!

>The Emery 721 had ~40,000 lbs fuel (to make Bogota) and 24,000 lbs
>cargo.. with GTW ~150,000 lbs. Used up lots of runway with greatly
>reduced climbout performance.. but made FL310 after a while.

Checked Aircraft.cfg -- cargo weight was 21,865 lbs (not 24k lbs)
and fuel was set to 37,000 lbs (not 40k lbs).. for GTW 146,500 lbs.

>Question..
>
>how to get 96F temp at MMMX? If ones sets 96F at Sea Level.. then
>at field Alt.. the temp is much lower.. as if it were in `thin air' ?

was able to set MMMX field OAT 94F with Local Wx menu..
however after looking over the Max TO and Climb EPR for
type B721 vs Temp.. THIS TO IS MARGINAL AT BEST!!

Its why the entire JT8D line needs to be accurately modelled for MSFS.

-Gregory
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 11:23:56 PM

Bruce Freeburger wrote:
> Folks,
> I did this list on my own. Most of the data is from FS9 itself. The
> Tibet airports are add on sceneries.
>
> IACO code CITY country elv. runway surface
> SPRF San Rafael Peru 14,422 8,760 dirt
> ZUBD Changdu Bangda Tibet 14,219 18,045

I didn't find ZUBD in my FS9.

John

July 1, 2005 6:05:16 PM

The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:
> Bruce Freeburger wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>> I did this list on my own. Most of the data is from FS9 itself. The
>> Tibet airports are add on sceneries.
>>
>> IACO code CITY country elv. runway surface
>> SPRF San Rafael Peru 14,422 8,760 dirt
>> ZUBD Changdu Bangda Tibet 14,219 18,045
>

> I didn't find ZUBD in my FS9.
>

> John

After downloading Tibet_95, you can then download ZUBD and ZULS from the
following site.

AFCADs "ZUBD" & "ZULS" --->
available at http://de.geocities.com/janswebsites/flightsim/index.ht...

Taken form the "Readme section" of Tibet_95. Took me a while to figure
out as i'm fairly new to this but got there in the end...

cheers

Paul
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 4:40:25 PM

Bruce,
Thanks for the list of highest airports. The Lukla, Nepal (VNLK) site is
something! Talk about a spectacular setting. You can easily get a J3 cub
out of there but coming back in presents real trouble. Not because of the
runway length (1616 feet) but the variable X-wind issues! I found the best
plane was actually the Mooney. If you lighten the load, you can run the
approach numbers considerably below book values and the low wing arrangement
makes the landing doable. The additional power at 9000 feet ain't bad
either!

Now, if you want to do something really ridiculous but amazingly workable,
place a 737-400 jet at the location, ask all the passengers to disembark,
unload all baggage, dump all fuel except about 35% of it. This puts you at
about 87,000 pounds (out of 150,000 pounds gross weight) Tell the
passengers that a series of bush planes will be picking them up within a day
or two :)

Taxi the plane to a point well behind the beginning of the official air
strip. Assume the rains have been little this season so the sod is hard as
concrete and supports the jet (ha ha!) Set 10 degrees of flaps and 5% nose
up trim. Full power and the plane will lift off easily at just 120-130
knots! Easily before the end the runaway and cliff face. Fly out of the
spectacular valley and get to about FL 270 to clear the mountains.

Radio for a dispatch of bush planes to pick up the passengers (do you think
you might be in trouble over this?)

Since you have little fuel, go to Tribhuvan International (VNKT) about 50
miles away. You then can tell the folks there that a 737 makes a pretty
darned good bush plane with the right load configuration! Have fun!

Mike Conron

"Bruce Freeburger" <USENETsnowmobiles@unleasheddogsBIKESonTV.com> wrote in
message news:FLidnWYXvfjs4F_fRVn-3w@comcast.com...

!