My computer having problems with New 1GB dual memory....

deknal

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
hello to everyone. Please I need to fix this problem badly!! My computer spec: A7n8x deluxe, amd XP3000, 3x512 Consair XMS, X800 Pro , 80gb. I recently just bought sticks of 2x512 XMS consair 3200 DDR400 dual Channel my last memorie was a 512 Consair XMS 3200 DDR400. After installing the memorie , I'v been getting just problems. after long run over night the computer freezes up with the monitor turned off with the computer running still or after 20min or lest playing Css or other games the computer crashes or doesn't respond at all. Another thing started showing up when game doesn't respond sometimes the VPU recovery ATI Catalyst panel shows up . If you don't know what is a VPU recover:

The VPU Recover error report contains the following system information only, which will be used to analyze the problem:

· Driver version

· AGP speed

· AGP version supported

· Graphics processor Device ID

· Graphics processor Vendor ID

· Graphics processor Subsystem ID

· Chipset Device ID (no board vendor information is sent)

· Chipset Vendor ID (no board vendor information is sent)

· Error flags

· System memory size

· Graphics frame buffer size

· Engine clock

· Memory clock

· Internal ASIC status, including register values and command buffer data

So After doing alot of memorie research I figured it could have been one thing....the timing of the memorie. But when I took a look at the setting in bios under advaned chipset option. everything seem to look right. the timing memorie were on 8-3-3-3t after playing around option In the bios I went back onto css for not at least 30min the game frozen up . So I then tryed another conclusion to see if rams were bad.
I tested each memorie seperately each playing 15min of Cs neither of them had problems. And now I dont know what to do!.

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
1.You might try re-installing your video driver.
2.I would also check you make sure you are running the most recent bios version for your motherboard.
3. Put in the correct page file size since you change the amount of ram doubtful that this is the problem but you should change it correct size anyway.
4. I would also put your memory at auto detect for memory speed and see what happens.

linux_0

Splendid
hello to everyone. Please I need to fix this problem badly!! My computer spec: A7n8x deluxe, amd XP3000, 3x512 Consair XMS, X800 Pro , 80gb. I recently just bought sticks of 2x512 XMS consair 3200 DDR400 dual Channel my last memorie was a 512 Consair XMS 3200 DDR400. After installing the memorie , I'v been getting just problems. after long run over night the computer freezes up with the monitor turned off with the computer running still or after 20min or lest playing Css or other games the computer crashes or doesn't respond at all. Another thing started showing up when game doesn't respond sometimes the VPU recovery ATI Catalyst panel shows up . If you don't know what is a VPU recover:

The VPU Recover error report contains the following system information only, which will be used to analyze the problem:

· Driver version

· AGP speed

· AGP version supported

· Graphics processor Device ID

· Graphics processor Vendor ID

· Graphics processor Subsystem ID

· Chipset Device ID (no board vendor information is sent)

· Chipset Vendor ID (no board vendor information is sent)

· Error flags

· System memory size

· Graphics frame buffer size

· Engine clock

· Memory clock

· Internal ASIC status, including register values and command buffer data

So After doing alot of memorie research I figured it could have been one thing....the timing of the memorie. But when I took a look at the setting in bios under advaned chipset option. everything seem to look right. the timing memorie were on 8-3-3-3t after playing around option In the bios I went back onto css for not at least 30min the game frozen up . So I then tryed another conclusion to see if rams were bad.
I tested each memorie seperately each playing 15min of Cs neither of them had problems. And now I dont know what to do!.

Download

http://memtest86.com/memtest86-3.2.iso.zip

+

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/download/ISORecorderV2RC1.msi

Unzip memtest86 and record the ISO to a CDR with ISORecorder ( you must have XP SP2 ).

Here's how:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/HowTo.htm

Let memtest86 run overnight ( 8 - 12 hours ).

If you receive errors, either your RAM is bad or misconfigured.

The A7N8X DLX has an nForce2 chipset which is dual channel capable. You should only use 2 identical sticks or RAM to take advantage of Dual Channel.