Task Bar Help

How do you get rid of the annoying quotation bubbles that pop up on the
taskbar (for example, whenever the state of your wireless internet changes
one of these pops up). It's driving me crazy.
2 answers Last reply
More about task help

    There are many such annoying features in XP and more experianced users will
    want to get rid of them. Unfortunately there isn't one simple click that
    fixes it all. To stop po-up descriptions of folders and files go into your
    control panel\folder options\view tab and scroll to the bottom to turn off
    pop-up descriptions. Now click go>search>change preferences and then click
    the arrow beside turn balloon tips off. That's two down and one more to go.
    Now to turn off all other balloon tips go>start>run and type in regedit and
    click ok now navigate the following route clicking the + symbol beside the
    entries in the left panel in this order. HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    /Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/Advanced and click on
    Advanced to highlight it and open it's entries in the right panel. Now look
    for EnablBalloonTips and right click on it and click modify and then set it
    to 0 . 0=disabled 1=enabled. Now if the entry I mentioned doesn't exist then
    don't panic. We will simply create it. Right click in a blank area and then
    place your cursor on new>dword and click dword. Now type in EnableBalloonTip
    and then click in blank area to set the keys name. Now right click on it and
    set it as I mentioned above. Then put your arm over your head and bend it at
    the elbow and give yourself a pat on the back. You just did your first reg
    edit. Close out and that's a good start. There are others that you can turn
    off as well and auto complete is one of them. Also stopping the run line
    history and the mail notification on the welcome or logon screen, and even
    stopping the history under the address line on your tool bar. But post back
    or e:mail me if you want instructions on how to do those. This gets you a
    good start. You may want to download and install a nifty free program called
    Windows
    AntiSpy. But that enters into another realm. Have fun. {]:~)

    See if this helps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729&Product=winxp

    "windows71" <windows71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    How do you get rid of the annoying quotation bubbles that pop up on the
    taskbar (for example, whenever the state of your wireless internet changes
    one of these pops up). It's driving me crazy.

Taskbar Microsoft Wireless Internet Windows XP