Differences between these X850XTs?

JeffFnS

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
I was looking for a new card and I stumbled across the X850XT. I think I might get one but I noticed some pricing issues that were confusing me.

This ATI manufactured one here is $299 Canadian:
http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=009161&cid=999.243

And this Sapphire manufactured X850XT is $389, almost 100 dollars more than the ATI manufactured card:
http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=006390&cid=999.243

And here is a Gigabyte manufactured one for $399:
http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=007068&cid=999.243

Why are the sapph/gig versions so much more expensive than the ATI version? Also, should I go for one of the X850XTs(which?) or a 7600GT($289.99)? THanks. BTW, these are all Canadian prices.

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Each company has different clock setting and extra feature that U might not need. You might want to check on the clock setting on each card, and choose which one will be better suitable for your budget :twisted:

JeffFnS

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
Yea I know that sometimes different manufacturers will have different prices, but I've never seen a price gap this big between the same cards. I just don't want to end up with a downgraded version or whatnot.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Most likely the difference would be the bundled extras and warranty with each card. Do you want the games and stuff that comes with the name brand ones?

JeffFnS

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
I probably wouldn't care for the games and stuff inside. THe main card is really my only concern. But other than warranties, bundled software, the cards themselves are identical?

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Go for the cheapest one, warranties are all the same just no extras that most of us don't use anyway. I don't remember anyone changing the specs for the X800/850 generation of cards from the manufactures original design. Everyone was just happy cloning the cards AFAIK.

pauldh

Illustrious
As far as I know all X850XT's are clocked the same with the platinum editions (XTPE) clocked higher. I think it's a supply/cost thing pricing them different. I'd do the cheapest BBA card of the three, but honestly those prices are aweful. Here in the USA the X850XT is a great buy and much cheaper than the 7600GT, for you the 7600GT is cheaper so it gets my vote.

JeffFnS

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
Heh yea, Canadian prices are definetely painful for the eyes, but I've been a long time customer of Canada Computers. They have very good service and their prices are the best I can find as far as stores in Toronto go, even on par with ncix.com I believe. Thanks again for the help fellas.

Hale73

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
it's just their own marketing strategy. In able for game and software developers to sell(dispose! with an income :x ) their old games, they run to graphic card manufacturers to dispose their products to end users. Warranty might be promising but expect that the bundle you oath for free was just included on the price u bought.

P.S: Inno3D bundles the worst game and softwar, Delta Extreme!? Collin McRae Rally 2004! It's the way how they dispose old games!

Point of View is one of the few manufacturers who bundles great games!! :p :p