Restore wont restore ???

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

No matter what restore point I go to after the systems
tries to restor to that point it comes back and tells me
system not restored try another restore point. Can anyone
shed some light as to what the problem is.
Thanks Brian

It's possible the SR file store is corrupted. This can be corrected as
follows, go to Control Panel, open System, go to the System Restore tab,
select, "Turn off System Restore on all drives and click apply and ok.
NOTE: this will wipe out all restore points.

Reboot the system as directed, return to the System Restore tab as outlined
above, remove the check from "Turn off System Restore on all drives," click
apply and ok and reboot. Then try System Restore again.

If that fails to resolve it, try the following link:
Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302796

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User