Asus A8N32 Deluxe Temps.

Shpoon

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
I'm going to be upgrading my computer in a few months, and had a question about the board temps.

I'm going to be watercooling so that I can get some nice OCing in (I hope, I'm a big noob, but we'll see ;)) (P.S. Any good overclockign guides?)

I was wondering if it was worth spending the money to buy a chipset waterblock, or does the heatsink/heatpipe work well enoguh for some OCing?

Also, I read a bit about how when you WC your CPU, the parts around it start to overheat, so Asus provides a small clip-on fan to cool them...is this fan really loud and annoying? If I just installed a 120mm fan on the chassis directly across or behind these parts, would this cool them sufficiently?

And a last offtopic thing...does the Maze4GPU waterblock from dangerden fit a 7900GT (I know, not a mobo topic, but there's no point making two threads)

Thanks in advance

modmandan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
I'm going to be upgrading my computer in a few months, and had a question about the board temps.

I was wondering if it was worth spending the money to buy a chipset waterblock, or does the heatsink/heatpipe work well enoguh for some OCing?

Also, I read a bit about how when you WC your CPU, the parts around it start to overheat, so Asus provides a small clip-on fan to cool them...is this fan really loud and annoying? If I just installed a 120mm fan on the chassis directly across or behind these parts, would this cool them sufficiently
Thanks in advance

ok here we go...

If you are getting that Asus board and plan on removing the heat pipe cooler they have (which is nice) you will need a water block as the Nforce chip gets very, very hot. Asus says that little optional fan is necessary, but I have found that it is not. I removed the heat pipe from my Asus board and simply put ram heat sinks on the rectifiers next to the CPU and temps are very low and a fan is not needed at all . The optional fan is only if you leave the heat pipe intact. Feel free to remove it and water cool the chipset and put heat sinks nect to the CPU it really helps.

Shpoon

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
If you are getting that Asus board and plan on removing the heat pipe cooler they have (which is nice) you will need a water block as the Nforce chip gets very, very hot. Asus says that little optional fan is necessary, but I have found that it is not. I removed the heat pipe from my Asus board and simply put ram heat sinks on the rectifiers next to the CPU and temps are very low and a fan is not needed at all . The optional fan is only if you leave the heat pipe intact. Feel free to remove it and water cool the chipset and put heat sinks nect to the CPU it really helps.

Hmm, I'm not planning to reeally heavily overclock the mobo, but if I'm doing a bit, the heatpipe would be sufficient?

If I leave the heatpipe on, the ramsinks won't fit beside the cpu, correct? If that's the case, would a single 120mm fan be enough to create enough air movement to keep it cool, rather than using a tiny (50mm?) fan?

modmandan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
Shpoon said:
If I leave the heatpipe on, the ramsinks won't fit beside the cpu, correct? If that's the case, would a single 120mm fan be enough to create enough air movement to keep it cool, rather than using a tiny (50mm?) fan?

If your moderatly overclocking the system I wouldn't bother with and additional fan at all. The heat pipe can cool very well.

Shpoon

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
I'm only worried about the chipset and area during the summer...my house has NO a/c and it gets extremely hot during certain days, and I'm not sure if the ambient temperature will get too high.