NumenorLord

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm looking to buy a new case for my computer, but I can't decide.

The XG Dragon looks pretty neat, but the Lian Li PC-65 also looks tight. Does anyone know about the quality of the materials, effectiveness of cooling, etc.? Right now I'm leaning towards the Lian Li.

modmandan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
I'm looking to buy a new case for my computer, but I can't decide.

The XG Dragon looks pretty neat, but the Lian Li PC-65 also looks tight. Does anyone know about the quality of the materials, effectiveness of cooling, etc.? Right now I'm leaning towards the Lian Li.

I was looking at pretty much the same cases and ended up getting the Lian-li. The materials are top quality and the finish is harder than one would think, it's hard to scratch. I have also found that aluminum is much better at removing heat than metal and plastic. Plus the Lian-li is much lighter and easier to carry to lan parties and such.

NumenorLord

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don't care about the lack of PSU either because I think that I'd go with the Silverstone Zeus 650 watt, which from what I've read is definitely on the high end of power supplies. Beyond that, the Lian Li has a very nice window compared to the XG Dragon. However, the XG has LED fans and the Lian Li (according to user reviews) doesn't have particularly good fans (and I want LED fans to light up the insides). I'm still considering both.

modmandan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
I don't care about the lack of PSU either because I think that I'd go with the Silverstone Zeus 650 watt, which from what I've read is definitely on the high end of power supplies. Beyond that, the Lian Li has a very nice window compared to the XG Dragon. However, the XG has LED fans and the Lian Li (according to user reviews) doesn't have particularly good fans (and I want LED fans to light up the insides). I'm still considering both.

True about the fans in the Lian-li, but their easy to replace with lighted fans if you want.

NumenorLord

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm also looking to upgrade the window in the Lian Li PC-65, but now I'm also looking at the Lian Li PC-75 (server case, looks pretty much the same as the PC-65 but larger). My question is would this window work with either of them?