ASUS A8R-MVP yukon marvel port

oinkypig

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
hey i have the ASUS A8R-MVP motherboard with crossfire and i with it is the marvel yukon 10/100/1000 gigabet ethernet port integrated into it. Now i am having some trouble with it. when i use mozzila firefox and am downloading a file and it pops the download taskbar sometimes if the file is liek over 80 mb large the file stops downlaoding beacause at that point i lose my internet connection. then i have to go to the network conenctions disbale the yukon port and then reenable it again, and i get my connection back but i have to start over dl-ing the fiel again. and the same exact thing happens. this also happens with limewire, and any bitorrent programs i use. i just lose all connectivity. do i need to download new drivers or what cuz i cant find any!

ASUS A8R-MVP
AMD 3800 x2
ATI x1800 xt
2gb G. Skill 2-3-2-5
Creative X-FI extrememusic
Seagate 300 gb barracuda

oinkypig

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
yes i did install the drivers from the mobo cd, but i just searched and found some more newer drivers on the asus site and dl-ed them.ill have to see wat happens now

Xtremegamer

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I had the exact same problem so I switched to the second on board port and the problem went away. I just downloaded a 1 GB file from Adobe with no trouble at all. Before that a 100 meg file would lock my internet connection up. Not sure if it helps you but changing to the other port sure helped me.

PDH-NicFury

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I have the A8N32SLI, and had problems with the Marvell connection, switched to the nVidia connection and ethernet was fine. Finally changed to the newest BIOS and the Marvell works fine too...

PDH-NicFury

dandman

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
I had the exact same problem so I switched to the second on board port and the problem went away.

The Asus A8R-MVP motherboard does not have two RJ45 ports, just the one.

I'm also experiencing the same problem.