Memory not recognized

astroz

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
Hello,

I just installed a Kingston (Value RAM) 256MB PC3200 CL3 module into my #2 slot on my mobo.

In slot #1 I have a Samsung DDR-SDRAM PC2100 133Mhz 256MB RAM module.

When I re-booted my system, the new memory was not recognized.

I did look over the "MEMORY FAQ", which I found very informative. I may have overlooked something. But now, I would prefer some helpful info from anyone here that could steer me in the right direction.

Here are my system specs. :

System: AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 1.99GHZ

Mobo: FIC (First International Computer, Inc)
Socket: A Model: AM37

Memory: Samsung DDR-SDRAM PC2100 133Mhz 256MB RAM

Part #: M368L3223DTL-C(L)B0
Max Freq: 133MHz(7.5ns@CL=2.5)
Interface: SSTL_2

astroz

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
Well, I decided to go back over the "MEMORY FAQ". I already had cpu-z installed on my system, thats how I got my specs, and went to the manufacture websites to get more specific info. I guess I should have done more research.

Upgrading memory isn't as simple as it was with my old system. There are so many choices, and of course its imperative to make the "correct" choice.

I went over to Crucial's website, and followed the instructions to locate my mobo and then find the RAM that is compatible with my system.

Anyhow, I had a productive day learning about memory, and I believe my issues are now resolved.

I would like to stress to any "noobs", like myself, to please check out the "MEMORY FAQ" thouroughly. It does have a wealth of helpful inormation.
:)