Hey Dr. David Willson-Okamura

dallas

"Dr."?

Hey David, I just noticed that my copy of Computer Pilot says there will be
an article by "Dr. David Wilson-Okamura" on VFR in the Pacific Northwest in
the July issue.

First off, that can only be you... so congratulations on being a published
author.

And, are you a medical doctor? PhD.? ???

Dallas

Arthur

Damn, this newsgroup has finally got some class acts : )))

Uhhhh........I meant MORE class acts.....sheesh...

Arthur

> "Dr."?
>
> Hey David, I just noticed that my copy of Computer Pilot says there will
> be
> an article by "Dr. David Wilson-Okamura" on VFR in the Pacific Northwest
> in
> the July issue.
>
> First off, that can only be you... so congratulations on being a published
> author.
>
> And, are you a medical doctor? PhD.? ???
>

> Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:
> "Dr."?
>
> Hey David, I just noticed that my copy of Computer Pilot says there
> will be an article by "Dr. David Wilson-Okamura" on VFR in the
> Pacific Northwest in the July issue.

Sheesh, where ya been? He had an article several months ago in the April
Issue.... Good stuff Maynard!
d:->))

I have a PhD in English literature. Can't say it's ever saved me from
running out of fuel, forgetting to put my gear down, sending a foolish
email, or misspelling the word privilege.

Dallas wrote:
> "Dr."?
>
> Hey David, I just noticed that my copy of Computer Pilot says there will be
> an article by "Dr. David Wilson-Okamura" on VFR in the Pacific Northwest in
> the July issue.
>
> First off, that can only be you... so congratulations on being a published
> author.
>
> And, are you a medical doctor? PhD.? ???
>

> Dallas

Dallas, just try to goole. :)
Dr David Wilson-Okamura (VFR Orientation – Pacific Northwest) is an
Assistant Professor in English at East Carolina University, and a
keen flight sim fan.
[end quote]
--
Regards
Axel

dallas

"CRaSH"
> Sheesh, where ya been? He had an article several months ago in the April
> Issue....

Well, ya see... this was my first free Computer Pilot issue from my purchase
of Megacity DFW.

Dallas

"David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
message news:1120142340.21341@forums.simradar.com...

>I have a PhD in English literature. Can't say it's ever saved me from
> running out of fuel, forgetting to put my gear down, sending a foolish
> email, or misspelling the word privilege.

...................and if you ever DO manage to bring it in wheels up, the
old "I couldn't understand the checklist" thing during the FAA post accident
brief is right out the window. I hope you know that!!! :)))
Dudley Henriques

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

David Wilson-Okamura wrote:

> I have a PhD in English literature. Can't say it's ever saved me from
> running out of fuel, forgetting to put my gear down, sending a foolish
> email, or misspelling the word privilege.

Damn!!! Now I have to proofread. Letting the spell check fix things
won't cut it any more.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:39:05 -0500, David Wilson-Okamura wrote:

> I have a PhD in English literature. Can't say it's ever saved me from
> running out of fuel, forgetting to put my gear down, sending a foolish
> email, or misspelling the word privilege.

:))

"E M P T Y.....I wonder what they mean by that? I guess that could stand
for Electro Magnetic Pitot Temperature Yager. Hmmmm....where's that manual?
Hey! The engine just stopped....and now I'm losing altitude...uhm...manual.
Okay...A....B...C...D...here we go...E..." SPLAT!!

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Chance favours the prepared mind.)

___| reply |__________________________________________________________

In that case, we expect a perfect article. :)

What makes the perfect article? For me, it's something I can reread and
still learn from. Barry Schiff wrote like that.

As for spelling and such: the person who really needs to watch his
language on this forum is me. I don't know that it's happened yet, but
some day one of my students is going to notice all of my many
maunderings here. Then he or she will know: does the good professor
practice what he preaches with such conviction in the classroom?

Arthur

Wow! How many people use the word 'maunderings'. I'm impressed.

Arthur

"David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
message news:1120246349.20728@forums.simradar.com...