NetworkService

I am running Win XP Pro. A stand alone computer never on and never to be on
a network.
Recently, I noticed a new NetworkService folder under C:\Documents and
Settings.
Where did it come from?
Do I need it?
Why can't I delete all of it? - Specifically I can't delete \LocalService
I hate things cluttering up my computer I don't need or want

A. Baba
Blue Master
1 answer Last reply
More about networkservice

    Take a look at this
    http://pages.videotron.com/pmougeot/how_windows_xp_stores_your_documents.htm
    It should shed the light on what NetworkService folder is
    Regards,
    Yuriy
    "Ron Patterson" <a.baba@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > I am running Win XP Pro. A stand alone computer never on and never to be
    on
    > a network.
    > Recently, I noticed a new NetworkService folder under C:\Documents and
    > Settings.
    > Where did it come from?
    > Do I need it?
    > Why can't I delete all of it? - Specifically I can't delete
    \LocalService
    > I hate things cluttering up my computer I don't need or want
    >
    > A. Baba
    > Blue Master

Computers Windows XP