Help, my XP Theme is missing!

Help...I seriously screwed my Windows XP. A while back I installed some
program that gave Windows a 'skin' so that it appeared differently. I didn't
like it, so I uninstalled it. But after I uninstalled it, it apparently took
my Windows XP theme with it! It's not selectable under the themes menu in
the display properties. All I have is "Windows Classic". I tried
reinstalling WindowsXP but it didn't help. Is there anything I can do to
retrieve the XP theme? Is it included in MS Plus?

-jay

Jay G. wrote:

> Help...I seriously screwed my Windows XP. A while back I installed some
> program that gave Windows a 'skin' so that it appeared differently. I didn't
> like it, so I uninstalled it. But after I uninstalled it, it apparently took
> my Windows XP theme with it! It's not selectable under the themes menu in
> the display properties. All I have is "Windows Classic". I tried
> reinstalling WindowsXP but it didn't help. Is there anything I can do to
> retrieve the XP theme? Is it included in MS Plus?
>
> -jay

Right-click on My Computer, Manage, Services and Applications, Services.
Look for the service "Themes" and make sure the service is running.

HTH

courtney sends....

Thanks! That did the trick. What a relief.

-jay