Help, my XP Theme is missing!

Help...I seriously screwed my Windows XP. A while back I installed some
program that gave Windows a 'skin' so that it appeared differently. I didn't
like it, so I uninstalled it. But after I uninstalled it, it apparently took
my Windows XP theme with it! It's not selectable under the themes menu in
the display properties. All I have is "Windows Classic". I tried
reinstalling WindowsXP but it didn't help. Is there anything I can do to
retrieve the XP theme? Is it included in MS Plus?

-jay
2 answers Last reply
More about help theme missing

    Jay G. wrote:

    > Help...I seriously screwed my Windows XP. A while back I installed some
    > program that gave Windows a 'skin' so that it appeared differently. I didn't
    > like it, so I uninstalled it. But after I uninstalled it, it apparently took
    > my Windows XP theme with it! It's not selectable under the themes menu in
    > the display properties. All I have is "Windows Classic". I tried
    > reinstalling WindowsXP but it didn't help. Is there anything I can do to
    > retrieve the XP theme? Is it included in MS Plus?
    >
    > -jay

    Right-click on My Computer, Manage, Services and Applications, Services.
    Look for the service "Themes" and make sure the service is running.

    HTH

    courtney sends....

    Thanks! That did the trick. What a relief.

    -jay

    "Courtney" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:2ZO%c.7123$OZ6.4098@okepread06...
    > Jay G. wrote:
    >
    >> Help...I seriously screwed my Windows XP. A while back I installed some
    >> program that gave Windows a 'skin' so that it appeared differently. I
    >> didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But after I uninstalled it, it
    >> apparently took my Windows XP theme with it! It's not selectable under
    >> the themes menu in the display properties. All I have is "Windows
    >> Classic". I tried reinstalling WindowsXP but it didn't help. Is there
    >> anything I can do to retrieve the XP theme? Is it included in MS Plus?
    >>
    >> -jay
    >
    > Right-click on My Computer, Manage, Services and Applications, Services.
    > Look for the service "Themes" and make sure the service is running.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > courtney sends....

Microsoft Windows XP