waelt

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
is my pc's features ok till now ??

CPU: AMD X2 4200 @ 2.6
RAM: 2GB DDR
MB: A8n32-sli
VGA: En6600GT 256mb pci-e
i'm planing to have 2 new VGA cards (i mean DX10 VGAs) with a Physics card and increasing rams in 2007..
How much u think that my pc will last ? and how can i know that its the right time to change it or upgrade it ?

nigelf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
depends on what you want. If you want bragging rights no. Otherwise yes.

If you really feel you need to upgrade something, change the grafics card to ati x1900xt (is that the right places for the x's, they are all over the place just cinfusing me) or similar.

I personally would wait for an dx 10, but i'm not sure when the come out, especially with vista being delayed (again) ...

when you upgrade? easy, when you fell that everything takes too long, when you get too low frame rates in games, etc.

linux_0

Splendid

i'm planing to have 2 new VGA cards (i mean DX10 VGAs) with a Physics card and increasing rams in 2007..
How much u think that my pc will last ? and how can i know that its the right time to change it or upgrade it ?

Looks good :-D

You can always upgrade later when prices drop.

modmandan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006

Have you heard that Nvidea is planning on creating drivers that will allow SLI systems to use extra GPU cycles to do the same job as the Physics card? something to consider!

waelt

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
This system will last you well into Vista, I would wait about 1 year then start shopping. Save your lunch money and go with a good quad core CPU if you can afford it paired with a good graphics card.

If you are one of those I must be able to play this game at 2054X1900 or some ungodly resolution, at 120 FPS with all the AA turned up full blast, then you may consider a new card today, but my opinion you would be wasting money. Wait for DX10 cards to hit.

My sentiments at least

Thats wat im going to do (i hope) 8)
Thanx

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
This system will last you well into Vista, I would wait about 1 year then start shopping. Save your lunch money and go with a good quad core CPU if you can afford it paired with a good graphics card.

If you are one of those I must be able to play this game at 2054X1900 or some ungodly resolution, at 120 FPS with all the AA turned up full blast, then you may consider a new card today, but my opinion you would be wasting money. Wait for DX10 cards to hit.

My sentiments at least

Good advice

Mobius

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2002
MUST...

NOT...

CALL...

THREAD...

STARTER...

AN...

IDIOT...

------------------------------------------

Warning to other posters: this is what happens when you pick your nose for 5 years -- your head caves in.

TRENDING THREADS