Tom's Guide: Internet Explorer Tips, Tricks, and Add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
IE has improved significantly with IE 9 and apparently also with IE 10, but I don't think that it's enough to be better than some of the alternatives. Opera, Chrome/Chromium derivatives, Firefox/Firefox derivatives, and more have been consistently better options and AFAIK, they have continued that.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Pretty awful list. A lot of Tomshardware readers will already know these.

I mostly use it when Firefox + noscript are acting up and it's a website I trust. IE9 is good, but I like Firefox more

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Since using Windows 8 I installed Mozilla, IE and Chrome fresh, I still ended up with Mozilla even though it is slower and crashes more often than the rest but the bookmark search function is a must for me. I only use IE10 for Netflix, it seems to work better for some reason.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]luciferano[/nom]IE has improved significantly with IE 9 and apparently also with IE 10, but I don't think that it's enough to be better than some of the alternatives. Opera, Chrome/Chromium derivatives, Firefox/Firefox derivatives, and more have been consistently better options and AFAIK, they have continued that.[/citation]

It's also worth noting that IE9 is improving slower than other browsers. Initially they had a lead over Chrome and FF, but now their competitors are running away with the game.

I think MS was too focused on IE10.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Tip 1: do not use IETip 2: use firefox or chromeThat is all.[/citation]
if they worked all the time i would, but they don't

G

However, Microsoft's IE still holds its own as the number one browser in North America with over 40 percent of the market.
Only because it comes pre-installed. No one should ever use IE with Chrome and Firefox available.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Tip 1: do not use IETip 2: use firefox or chromeThat is all.[/citation][citation][nom]Branden[/nom]here's the most useful IE trick of them all:- only use IE to download firefox or chrome[/citation]Here's a tip: Don't install Chrome, use Comodo Dragon instead.
Firefox is fine.

http://i.imgur.com/lHshj.png
See pic ^^

Udit Tripathy

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
Thats great ideas about Internet Explorer but to check more pls click onhttp://geeks9.com/internet-explorer-10-ie-10-tips-and-tricks/

Status
Not open for further replies.