radeon 9600xt with wrong clock speeds???

Hi,
call me stupid or newbie but just today i've realized that my radeon 9600xt has incorrect clock speeds, this is what both PowerStrip and the Omega Driver Overclock utilities show:

Core speed: 405 mhz
Memory speed: 202mhz (404 ddr)

I thought that 9600xt ran at 500mhz and 300mhz (600ddr)

Is there any way i can repair this? What's wrong with my card?
13 answers Last reply
More about radeon 9600xt wrong clock speeds
  1. You're right about the 9600xt runs at 500mhz and 300mhz (600ddr) speeds.

Try AtiTool and see what it says the default speeds are. Download the 0.25 Beta 14.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

Which drivers are you using?
  2. I've tried with the official latest catalyst and omega drivers (downloaded them today). They both show the same speeds
  3. Atitools shows the same speeds
  4. How long have you had this card?
    And what is the rest of the system specs?
    Card brand?
    Can AtiTool overclock to the proper rated speed with no artifacts or other problems?
  5. Like Datman asks, what brand?

If Sapphire, then is it a 'lite' version, if so that would explain things.

Anywhoo if you wanna fix it, see what you can overclock to in AtiTraTools / AtiTool, back it off a bit and then set it as default for boot.
  6. sorry i think you got ripped off by somebody, thats pretty much a 9550. but if you did buy it from like newegg immediatley contact them if it isnt to late.
  7. Quote:
    sorry i think you got ripped off by somebody, thats pretty much a 9550. but if you did buy it from like newegg immediatley contact them if it isnt to late.

In the hardware information tab it recognizes it as "Radeon 9600 series" so i dont think so.

I've tried to overclock it back to the original speeds but it always fails once the memory core hits 233mhz
  8. Is it a AIW / VIVO type, and which brand?

After some searching I found some AIW types had different clock speeds and budget XT's available.
  9. No, it's a standard 9600xt built by ATI
  10. Looks like Ati messed up the clock speeds on you, contact them and see what they can do for you is my advice.
  11. are you kidding me dude, i know wayyyyy more about 9x00 series than you. you can easily flash the core to any speed and even name it an xt pro or vannilla if oyu like aswell as setting any clock speed that you want. the question is did you buy it from a retailer or second hand?
  12. No, i bought it new from a store, not online and not second hand. Unfortunatedly the warranty now it's void since i discarded the original heatsink/fan.
  13. wow that is verryy strange maybe they acctually did put the wrong card in the box. hmm. Peace.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Radeon Graphics